FIDE Grand Prix Highlights with IM Rensch & GM Krush is LIVE on ChessTV! Open to ALL MEMBERS! Click here to watch!
Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

PGN Files!!!!

• 5 years ago · Quote · #1

sryiwannadraw

Take forever to download. why? i am making a post still waiting...

and no my computer doesnt suck :)

• 5 years ago · Quote · #2

Dozy

Put it down to IPIO:  the Innate Perversity of Inanimate Objects Wink

• 5 years ago · Quote · #3

sryiwannadraw

ok, thanks m8

• 5 years ago · Quote · #4

Webhead

How many are you downloading?

• 5 years ago · Quote · #5

sryiwannadraw

It was just one...lol PGN is where it loads your game on the board screen right?

• 5 years ago · Quote · #6

Webhead

PGN is a file standard to chess game viewers.  So yes, you can open them in programs like Chessbase, Winboard, etc.

If you are having trouble downloading one PGN file, you've got issues.  I can download them in about 1-2 seconds.  Could be your internet connection, browser issue, or some other computer glitch.

• 5 years ago · Quote · #7

The_Cobra

Maybe it has already downloaded - you just don't know where to find it.

• 5 years ago · Quote · #8

sryiwannadraw

hmm, thanks guys, idk it wont leave the little downloading box, sux because i have to play all the my games out again for analysis :(

• 5 years ago · Quote · #9

Webhead

sryiwannadraw wrote:

hmm, thanks guys, idk it wont leave the little downloading box, sux because i have to play all the my games out again for analysis :(

Are you using Firefox?  Which web browser are you using?

• 5 years ago · Quote · #10

sryiwannadraw

Hmm oh jst regular internet explorer...might be the problem u think? can i download firefox?

• 5 years ago · Quote · #11

Webhead

sryiwannadraw wrote:

Hmm oh jst regular internet explorer...might be the problem u think? can i download firefox?

Not sure if that is your problem.  When you said it "won't leave the download box" I thought you might have meant the Firefox download window.  It wouldn't hurt to try Firefox.  What kind of internet connection do you have?

• 5 years ago · Quote · #12

sryiwannadraw

High speed i guess plug-in to the wall

• 5 years ago · Quote · #13

chessoholicalien

PGNs are basically text files, so they shouldn't take long to download, even ones with lots of games.

Post your reply: