Forums

please analyse this position

Sort:
cyberdynsystemsmodel

learningthemoves
[COMMENT DELETED]
MrEdCollins

If you're looking for an engine analysis, Black has a big edge beginning with 1...Qd5.

25 [-2.44]  1.... Qd5 2.Qxg4 f5 3.Qh5+ Kd7 4.Nd2 Qxg2 5.Qf3 Rhg8 6.Qxg2 Rxg2 7.Nf3 Be4 8.Ke2 Bf6 9.Rd1+ Kc6 10.Bd2 Bxb2 11.Ra2 Bf6 12.Rc1 Rd8 13.Bc3 Be7 14.Rd2 Rxd2+ 15.Nxd2 b5 16.Nxe4 fxe4 17.Rd1 Bh4 18.Rf1 Rh2 19.Be5 Rxh3 20.Rd1 Be7 21.Rg1 Rh5 22.Bc3 Rh2 23.Rg7  (146.46)

MrEdCollins

1...Bf6 is also okay... just not as strong.  Black still has an edge with 1...Bf6.  If you played this and lost your mistake must have come later.

cyberdynsystemsmodel

brother at that time i was woried about queen taking rook and my knight was also hanging so wats the logic of playing qd5?

cyberdynsystemsmodel
pfren wrote:

1...Bf6 is a fine move- actually I would have played so in OTB game.

1...Qd5 might be stronger, but this is a computer move. I don't really bother for such moves, they are objectively best, but highly risky for practical play.

thanks a lot sir i was praying to god that u see this position.......sir can u please explain about qd5 coz after that i will be a rook down so its non intuitive

cyberdynsystemsmodel

hmm sir actually i am playing college matches these days so in a day we played three games 2 i won this was the last game n i had not expected white to play q takes on g7...after that i was a pawn down so i messed things up n eventually lost..:( aneways sir i hadnt casled sir is that the reason y i reached this bad position

cyberdynsystemsmodel

okay sir thanks a lot :) that means i didnt do anything wrong..:)

abdulmajidsayem1

buddy forget qd5 its a machine move even magnus would have not been able to find it

cyberdynsystemsmodel

thanks

TheGreatOogieBoogie

Okay, let's start with a positional assessment:

1.Black's pieces are far more active and control many squares in white's camp.

2.Black's king is relatively safer as the white king is in the center.

3.Black has the bishop pair, though white has an extra pawn.  White bishop undeveloped.

4.White queen is out of play and vulnerable, not coordinated with other pieces. 

5.Open g-file for the rook.

6.White has two pawn islands to black's three.

7.Black has an extra piece for now.

I'd say black is better here, and we should ask if it's okay to leave our rook and knight en prise. 

Candidates include 1...Bf6 1...Qd5 with a threat against the g-pawn and (yes I saw the above suggestion spoiled) 1...Nxf2

1...Qd5 cutting off potential escape squares for the queen and generating big threats against white 2.Qxh8+,Kd7 3.Qc3 now what?  Oh, 3...Bf6 with a queen trap.  1...Qd5 can be played if there's nothing better.

1...Bf6 just looks safer but 2.Qxg4 must be looked at, 2.Qxg4,Bf5 though I don't usually like moves back like this. 

Wait, 3.Qc3,Bf6 4.Qd2 the queen is fine but the Qd5 still threatens the Nb3 sitting on the hole. 

Yeah not an easy position lol!

TheGreatOogieBoogie

Is castling permitted?  If 1...Bf6 2.Qxg4,Bf5 3.Qf3,Qd3 4.Qxb7,0-0 holds a clear advantage for black as his rooks are connected and bishop pair is well coordinated.  The king here is also safe from the queen, who is all the way over on b7 in this line. 

CrimsonKnight7

What about Bc2 ? Threatening immediate mate. Added, I agree with Bf6 though, I was just throwing it out there, Black may be able to squirm his way out to easily then. So never mind.

TheGreatOogieBoogie

1...Bc2 2.Qxh8+,Bf8 forces the bishop to be less active, king has no escape square + supporting the rook to make the queen flee, and 3.Nd2! cuts off the black bishop and queen's coordination.  The knight's placement also makes the Nxf2 sac unsound because Nf3 instead of moving the king.  Besides, it's kind of pointless now with the Bf8 instead of e7 where the bishop could go to h4 and join in the king hunt. 

CrimsonKnight7

Yeah Thanks SPA, I edited my above post, thanks for pointing out why.

cyberdynsystemsmodel
ScorpionPackAttack wrote:

Is castling permitted?  If 1...Bf6 2.Qxg4,Bf5 3.Qf3,Qd3 4.Qxb7,0-0 holds a clear advantage for black as his rooks are connected and bishop pair is well coordinated.  The king here is also safe from the queen, who is all the way over on b7 in this line. 

thanks a lot buddy for such easy to understand analysis i didnt find the queen d5 move.......somehow i lost the game but i learnt lots of lessons........:)

cyberdynsystemsmodel
pfren wrote:
samzworldz wrote:

somehow i lost the game but i learnt lots of lessons........:)

Hey, the ONLY way to improve is losing games, analysing them, spotting your mistakes and trying not repeating them.

thank you sir......yup i am doing that it was a good tournament overall my score was 2 win ,1 lloss.....now i will try my level best not to repeat the mistakes again