Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Please show some class

• 21 months ago · #1

Smrex13

I have recently begun playing on the live chess site.  I'm sure this has been covered many times, but please show some class.  If you are lost, resign and say good game.  I'm sick of having a won position and then having to wait for minutes after you sign off.  We are here to play chess - when you have been outplayed, admit it and resign.  Chess shoud be a gentleman's/gentlewoman's game.  Act like an adult.

Scott

• 21 months ago · #2

pellik

I have recently begun trolling on the forums. I'm sure this has been covered many times, but please show some class. If your opponent is lost and wants to play on or make you wait just say good game. I'm sick of having lost positions and then my opponent complaining about having to wait for minutes after I sign off. We are here to enjoy winning- when I have been outplayed I admit it by logging off. Chess is free. Adults act like jerks, too.

• 21 months ago · #3

theoreticalboy

Adults are self-absorbed bores; I'd much rather act like this child: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUJIgkPoiBg&feature=player_embedded 

• 21 months ago · #4

AndyClifton

Smrex13 wrote:

Chess should be a gentleman's/gentlewoman's game.

Scott

Why is that?

• 21 months ago · #5

BillytheKid9

dont know, im a hood rat and i love the game.

• 21 months ago · #6

nyLsel

You can't blame them. But have patience indeed. It's only you who are going to be affected in what they done. Cool

• 21 months ago · #7

timbeau

Some thoughts-
    Its not over till its over/ Never say die/ Patience is a virtue/ What if you suddenly died/ If sick, get well soon/ Games are like busses: there's always another one just round the corner (but probably not where you hale from)/ Noble sentiments butter no parsnips/ Resign your own game - that'll fox them/ Who gives a toss anyway/ Don't be so bossy/ and finally, with all that spare time, you might at least proof-read your outraged post!

• 21 months ago · #8

Stevie65

Ye don't become anxious over it make a cup of tea have a biscuit..Revel in there disgruntlement over seeing there loss. Imagine there kicking there computer to bits and calling your name over and over again.

• 21 months ago · #9

catnapper

stevie65 wrote:

Ye don't become anxious over it make a cup of tea have a biscuit..Revel in there disgruntlement over seeing there loss. Imagine there kicking there computer to bits and calling your name over and over again.

Are you referring to chess.com or defrockingvirgins.com?

• 21 months ago · #10

nyLsel

@timbeau: Thank you for posting thoughts (especially the last one Cool)

• 21 months ago · #11

Stevie65

catnapper wrote:
    stevie65 wrote:

The OP can use this advice how he pleases. But as he's a gentleman he probably wont.

• 21 months ago · #12

catnapper

stevie65 wrote:
    catnapper wrote:
    stevie65 wrote:

The OP can use this advice how he pleases. But as he's a gentleman he probably wont.

Their, their, dont fret.

• 21 months ago · #13

Stevie65

Catnapper..Have a cup of tea and a biscuit. Don't spoil the lads thread with dislike and unharmonised attempts at humour. General chess discussion only please.

• 21 months ago · #14

nyLsel

Just go back with the topic posted then.

• 21 months ago · #15

BillytheKid9

stevie65 wrote:

Catnapper..Have a cup of tea and a biscuit. Don't spoil the lads thread with dislike and unharmonised attempts at humour. General chess discussion only please.

since when are you so stuck up, BUUUUD?

• 21 months ago · #16

Stevie65

You apease him then. It sounds like hes upset.

• 21 months ago · #17

BillytheKid9

man, you didnt get my point.  we should play a game

• 21 months ago · #18

Stevie65

Hey streetfighter.. did you play at North Shields last week?

• 21 months ago · #19

Stevie65

I've never been to one personally.I would of gone to it if i'de known sooner, had notice. Just even to take a look.It's not far away from where i live. Bit of a bummer...

• 21 months ago · #20

SPARTANEMESIS

Smrex13 do you think attempting to manipulate your adversaries into resigning so that you can earn a victory a little faster is a demonstration of class?

This forum topic has been locked.