Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Please show some class

• 20 months ago · #41

johnmusacha

Yeah, that movie had the hit song "Gangstas Paradise" by Coolio. 

"You know when Coolio says 'I see myself in the pistol smoke'?  Hehe..he stole that from Snoop Doggy Dogg."  --Beavis, circa 1995.

• 20 months ago · #42

corrijean

[COMMENT DELETED]
  • 20 months ago · #43

corrijean

[COMMENT DELETED]
  • 20 months ago · #44

msjenned

[COMMENT DELETED]
  • 20 months ago · #45

bobbyDK

johnmusacha wrote:

Yeah, that movie had the hit song "Gangstas Paradise" by Coolio. 

"You know when Coolio says 'I see myself in the pistol smoke'?  Hehe..he stole that from Snoop Doggy Dogg."  --Beavis, circa 1995.

when have you last time heard a new song that wasen't stolen or loaned...inspired  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0S4SiLxt1s 1976....he had a lot to work with.
    School of rock is also a song that takes music samples from a lot of songs.
    for example AC/DC Thunderstruck.

• 20 months ago · #46

CaptJackAubrey

Scott, I completely understand. I posted something similar when I had been on this site for a while. Unfortunately, such forum posts bring out all manner of asinine posts. I do my best to heighten things by always greeting my opponent and saying good game. It is kind of sad to see how many people will defend their right to be rude. I do my best to be polite because it is right and my folks raised a gentleman. There are a lot of boorish people on this site, chalk it up to...well...never mind, what I was going to say would be rude.

Play well!

• 20 months ago · #47

AlCzervik

AndyClifton wrote:
    -kenpo- wrote:

chess, a rather serious intellectual endeavor/sport, probably attracts a more mature crowd.

LOL

Delusional

• 20 months ago · #48

AlCzervik

No.

• 20 months ago · #49

AlCzervik

One of many

• 20 months ago · #50

timbeau

"Capt.Jack Aubrey". Ha! Thats a good one...
    Have you even read the books, cully? Why don't you emulate your name-sake and clap a stopper over these endless missish pulings of yours! You call yourself a gentleman but you are no more than a parsonish prude - a rude and boring scrub.
    Red Hell and Death man! You are a disgrace to your 'avatar'. 

• 20 months ago · #51

Scottrf

0rating wrote:

when i play 3 moves i realize my opponent is dead lost so i decide to give them some sympathy and resign.

Someone will react to one of your posts and you wasting your time trying for a low rating soon, keep plugging away.

• 20 months ago · #52

Scottrf

0rating wrote:
    Scottrf wrote:
    0rating wrote:

when i play 3 moves i realize my opponent is dead lost so i decide to give them some sympathy and resign.

Someone will react to one of your posts and you wasting your time trying for a low rating soon, keep plugging away.

I can easily beat you. 

I wasn't being sincere, please stop, nobody is about to find you funny.

• 20 months ago · #53

pellik

Scottrf wrote:
    0rating wrote:
    Scottrf wrote:
    0rating wrote:

I can easily beat you. 

Generally it's not necessary to quote the post directly above you.

• 20 months ago · #54

Scottrf

pellik wrote:
    Scottrf wrote:
    0rating wrote:
    Scottrf wrote:
    0rating wrote:

I can easily beat you. 

Generally it's not necessary to quote the post directly above you.

I'll bear that in mind.

It's easier to follow the conversation though.

• 20 months ago · #55

OldChessDog

I wear a tuxedo--is that classy enough? ;-)

• 20 months ago · #56

PLAVIN79

Chess is a Gentelmans game Let us keep it that Winkway

• 20 months ago · #57

zborg

@WhoFlungPoo?  Great Avatar above.  Gentleman or not.

• 20 months ago · #58

CaptJackAubrey

You see what I mean, Scott?

By the way, timbeau, yes I have. I am currently reading The Commodore.  You say I should emulate my namessake. Well, if you are familiar with the Aubrey & Maturin books then you will know that they harken back to a time when to act as many act on this website, to insult a man baselessly (as you did me) would earn you a duel with pistols. The good old doctor himself ran a man through for simple rudeness!

I was also wondering what it is that I said that earned me such an attack from you?

• 20 months ago · #59

nameno1had

Smrex13 wrote:

I have recently begun playing on the live chess site.  I'm sure this has been covered many times, but please show some class.  If you are lost, resign and say good game.  I'm sick of having a won position and then having to wait for minutes after you sign off.  We are here to play chess - when you have been outplayed, admit it and resign.  Chess shoud be a gentleman's/gentlewoman's game.  Act like an adult.

Scott

My only advice is play OTB, if they act like a moron, just punch em in the parking lot...

• 20 months ago · #60

TheGrobe

Odd advice coming from a moron....

This forum topic has been locked.