Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Please show some class


  • 23 months ago · #81

    AndyClifton

    Yes, I am the celebrated Star Pumpkin.

  • 23 months ago · #82

    timbeau

    CaptJackAubrey wrote:

    You see what I mean, Scott?

    By the way, timbeau, yes I have. I am currently reading The Commodore.  You say I should emulate my namessake. Well, if you are familiar with the Aubrey & Maturin books then you will know that they harken back to a time when to act as many act on this website, to insult a man baselessly (as you did me) would earn you a duel with pistols. The good old doctor himself ran a man through for simple rudeness!

    I was also wondering what it is that I said that earned me such an attack from you?

    Sorry Cap'n for taking so long to respond. 
    I don't think I attacked you Cap'n and if I insulted you, it certainly wasn't baseless - it was because of your prissy bloody attitude!
    There, I won't bugger about trying to write like Patrick O'Brian and it's wasted on you anyway; like many of your countrymen you suffer from an unfortunate Irony-Deficiency.
    So you keep on whining about those who don't share your self-righteous morality. Wish players 'good luck' and be offended when they don't respond to your facile greeting (or who might think that 'luck' and 'chess' don't really belong together). Continue the asinine thanking for a 'good game' even if the game stank. And when the next player who's first language isn't English doesn't 'chat' along with you, start another thread whinging about foreigners' lack of manners. (Your manners) 

    As for AubreyMaturin -although this isn't the forum for literary chat- Doctor Maturin, a man in his 30's, would make short work of you for that 'old' adjective. I suggest you need to read again The Nutmeg of Consolation, and pay closer attention this time! 'Simple rudeness' - forsooth...You are a disgrace, sir!

  • 23 months ago · #83

    CalamityChristie

    theoreticalboy wrote:
    DonJuan_DeMarco wrote:

    is that avatar from "2001 A Space Odyssey" ?

    Andy's?  Yes, I believe it is featured in the concluding montage.

    hahaha!!!   i was caught badly there!! Laughing

  • 23 months ago · #84

    AndyClifton

    timbeau wrote:
    I suggest you need to read again The Nutmeg of Consolation, and pay closer attention this time! '

    I think that was by John Collier.  (Hey btw are you Spudnik's cousin?)

  • 23 months ago · #85

    ClavierCavalier

    When I first read their message, I instantly got that they're talking about people abandoning the game, not continuing to play.

    The real problem is that abandoning the game, letting time run out, etc. effects them more than their intended victim.

    Also interesting that the OP never once replied.

  • 23 months ago · #86

    PAMetalBoss

    Hello.  

  • 23 months ago · #87

    CalamityChristie

    see that doesn't make sense when so many members would rather go into a fit on the forums about some dude walking, instead of simply keeping their cool.

  • 23 months ago · #88

    timbeau

    AndyClifton wrote:
    timbeau wrote:
    I suggest you need to read again The Nutmeg of Consolation, and pay closer attention this time! '

    I think that was by John Collier.  (Hey btw are you Spudnik's cousin?)

    Not the one written by Patrick O'Brian. (and btw: no)

  • 23 months ago · #89

    AndyClifton

    (That's The Touch of Nutmeg, if you can't quite make it out.) Smile

  • 23 months ago · #90

    timbeau

    The Nutmeg of Consolation was the book in question.
    Another American who can't bloody read.
    (Says the parrot to the doll!)

  • 23 months ago · #91

    AndyClifton

    Thanks for clearing that up for me, budgie...

  • 23 months ago · #92

    timbeau

    Any time, cuddles...

  • 23 months ago · #93

    levi223

    Scottrf wrote:
    pellik wrote:
    Scottrf wrote:
    0rating wrote:
    Scottrf wrote:
    0rating wrote:

    when i play 3 moves i realize my opponent is dead lost so i decide to give them some sympathy and resign.

    Someone will react to one of your posts and you wasting your time trying for a low rating soon, keep plugging away.

    I can easily beat you. 

    I wasn't being sincere, please stop, nobody is about to find you funny.

    Generally it's not necessary to quote the post directly above you.

    I'll bear that in mind.

    It's easier to follow the conversation though.


    this is getting kind of boring...

  • 23 months ago · #94

    AndyClifton

    Yeah, but you didn't even get limericks.

  • 23 months ago · #95

    timbeau

    Did somebody say 'limerick'?

    A clever young lass named Gail
    Had her prices tatooed on her tail;
    And for the sake of the blind
    She had, on her behind,
    The same list but tattoed in braille.

     

    Well, this topic was about class...

  • 21 months ago · #96

    BrentLaRoche

    I agree that class is necessary. However, calling somene a dick and an idiot is not classy in any way.

  • 21 months ago · #97

    AndyClifton

    It can be though.  "Dick, you're a sort of sublime fool, like Dostoyevsky's Idiot."

  • 21 months ago · #98

    nameno1had

    BrentLaRoche wrote:

    I agree that class is necessary. However, calling somene a dick and an idiot is not classy in any way.

    I personally believe someone can be a very classy person and respond a few times with class to someone who repeatedly shows they don't care and then for the good of society and the poor lost soul, respond in a manner generally construed as classless, but can be well within his/her rights and might even be applauded by many classy people as a result...

    food for thought to everyone who thinks they are too good for others or to others who enjoy behaving as if they will never have any class because, they have been so offended by the aforementioned types, one too many times...

  • 21 months ago · #99

    timbeau

    nameno1had wrote:

    BrentLaRoche wrote:

    I agree that class is necessary. However, calling somene a dick and an idiot is not classy in any way.

    I personally believe someone can be a very classy person and respond a few times with class to someone who repeatedly shows they don't care and then for the good of society and the poor lost soul, respond in a manner generally construed as classless, but can be well within his/her rights and might even be applauded by many classy people as a result...

    food for thought to everyone who thinks they are too good for others or to others who enjoy behaving as if they will never have any class because, they have been so offended by the aforementioned types, one too many times...

    hmmm...'food for thought': of the marshmellow kind.

  • 19 months ago · #100

    simonefrankie

    Smrex13 wrote:

    I have recently begun playing on the live chess site.  I'm sure this has been covered many times, but please show some class.  If you are lost, resign and say good game.  I'm sick of having a won position and then having to wait for minutes after you sign off.  We are here to play chess - when you have been outplayed, admit it and resign.  Chess shoud be a gentleman's/gentlewoman's game.  Act like an adult.
    Scott

    Says the player who suddenly during a game called me a "Dick" and some other stuff, with no reason. But nice to see the same man is giving some education in class in here (-:


Back to Top
This forum topic has been locked.