Forums

Sort:
Presort
[COMMENT DELETED]
erik

can you please tell me which popup it is? then we can try to find it and disable it. i'm very sorry about this. sometimes ads like this slip through the ad networks.

Presort
[COMMENT DELETED]
eBusiness

Why do you have popup ads in the first place? All modern browsers block them, and for those few users out there who have a browser that doesn't block popups it's annoying like hell.

erik
eBusiness wrote:

Why do you have popup ads in the first place? All modern browsers block them, and for those few users out there who have a browser that doesn't block popups it's annoying like hell.

seems like a guy who's username is "eBusiness" ought to be able to answer that question himself :)

it costs money to make this site -> we need money -> ads bring in money (or encourage people to signup) -> we get the money we need to run the site.

now why people would charge for hamburgers, i have NO idea.

eBusiness

You have already got subscriptions and standard advertising. If you scare off people with annoying advertising you will lose that.

Anyway, if you are serious about popup advertising you can get around the blockers by using popup divs.

erik

all ads are annoying. and popups pay really well. and like you say, people that really hate them can block them. hopefully we'll be able to get rid of them at some point.