FIDE Grand Prix Highlights with IM Rensch & GM Krush is LIVE on ChessTV! Open to ALL MEMBERS! Click here to watch!
Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

"Online Chess"

• 2 years ago · Quote · #1

ClavierCavalier

Does it seem like half of the games you start online end up timing out?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #2

crossing2

That is anoying but what is worse is that they take a vacation and leave the board on your computer and one can not get rid of it without resigning.  I have had this happen in a tournament and have left messages to staff but nothing happens??????

• 2 years ago · Quote · #3

ClavierCavalier

Isn't there a time limit for vacation?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #4

losingmove

I wish people would time out on me...to get the sweet sweet points...but no...they always come back...bigger, better, stronger, faster

• 2 years ago · Quote · #5

ClavierCavalier

I dislike how my rating is higher than it should be because of people timing out.  I like to earn my rating, even if it's low.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #6

xqsme

Ratings vary quite a lot even over short periods... it would be interesting to have your median rating  also in statistics.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #7

ClavierCavalier

xqsme wrote:

Ratings vary quite a lot even over short periods... it would be interesting to have your median rating  also in statistics.

I agree, although, maybe mean instead.  Median is exaxtly in the middle.  If you start out at 700 and play/study well and raise to 2,700, the median should be 1,700.  Of course, my example would be baby Kasparov to world champion Kasparov.

Post your reply: