Forums

Recommend a chess set

Sort:
MatchStickKing

I use a plastic roll up PVC board with weighted plastic pieces. £15, indestructible and easy to transport :0)

Aperture
MatchStickKing wrote:

I use a plastic roll up PVC board with weighted plastic pieces. £15, indestructible and easy to transport :0)

MatchStickKing, we've been through this before in this post.

A recommendation of plastic pieces or a financial advise is not what I was asking for.
Plese don't bother randomly recommending things that have nothing whatsoever to do with the conversation. 

Besides I already bought a chess set.

TetsuoShima

i definetly would go dgt if money is no problem

nestoc

Aperture, have you received your set yet? Mind sharing how you like it? I am considering buying the New Exclusive Ebony/Boxwood set from the same site. I am not sure if I want a 3.5" or 4" king set yet. My plastic tournament set is 4" king with 2.25" squares board and I feel like that would be too big sitting on my coffee table.

Anyone else who has purchased a decent chess set like this care to opine about the ideal size of king/board squares? I want it to be functional but not too bulky.

Ziryab

I have both four inch and 3.75 inch kings in my good plastic sets (link in post 11). I bought the 3.75 to go with the Seirawan chess pieces, but have found that I rarely use the set with the 4 inch king now that I have the 3.75.

Aperture

Yes I have a chess set.

This is the one I bought.

http://www.thechessstore.com/product/FKE400/Fierce-Knight-Chess-Set-Ebony-Boxwood-Set-4-King.html

Ziryab
Aperture wrote:

That style cross on the king and knights with teeth were two of my principal criteria when I bought my wooden set. Yours looks nice!

Aperture

Thank you Ziryab.

TetsuoShima

i dont get it whats wrong with dgt, or is it forbidden in tournaments???

I mean isnt it cool connected to the pc to sit somewere and play with it online?? 

johnyoudell

Rather too shiny for my own taste. But you, I think, are pleased so that is good. :)