Melik & Me with GM Khachiyan and BrotherJosh is LIVE on Chess.com/TVClick here to watch!
Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Relationship between Chess rating and I.Q?

• 9 months ago · Quote · #461

TetsuoShima

why is  Einstein considered to  be the epitome of genius?? maybe Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, a dictator or some evil guy were much much smarter then him??

second why couldnt the smartest person in the world not be a chess player? do you think Einsteins theory is for everyone more interesting than chess??

I doubt it..

• 9 months ago · Quote · #462

TetsuoShima

yes i know  Einstein did a lot of stuff, but still what does it all mean??

• 9 months ago · Quote · #463

samir_naganaworkhere

@TetsuoShima

Einstein was only used as a general personification, not that you must be Einstein or have specialized in Einstein's theoretical orientation to be a genius.

Nobody, at least I didn't, say you must be a high iq individual to be a good chess player or vice versa.  Correlations in this example takes a look at how chess ratings are normalized across relative IQ and experience levels.  Nothing more.

• 7 weeks ago · Quote · #464

AceOfGames

I'm sure there's a correlation, but I'm also fairly sure that your formula didn't represent that.

• 7 weeks ago · Quote · #465

PLAVIN79

No comparisonFrown

• 4 weeks ago · Quote · #466

medspex

I have an iq of 127 and here iam, 600 points, and iv been learn chess like 2 months or so.

So i think it tells all, what a pro chess player need is complex, pre-developed plans/movements to defense yourself, and at the same time making movements that not just defense you, but makes the enemy in stress, plans plans, plans

And iq is not for this, iq just realise things, if i step there, then he/she will etc etc which makes me frustrated again because this is what a plan about, so..

• 4 weeks ago · Quote · #467

medspex

^Just an opinion of a yet naive, young folk^ -who can't even speak english-

• 4 weeks ago · Quote · #468

nameno1had

medspex wrote:

I have an iq of 127 and here iam, 600 points, and iv been learn chess like 2 months or so.

So i think it tells all, what a pro chess player need is complex, pre-developed plans/movements to defense yourself, and at the same time making movements that not just defense you, but makes the enemy in stress, plans plans, plans

And iq is not for this, iq just realise things, if i step there, then he/she will etc etc which makes me frustrated again because this is what a plan about, so..

In my opinion, you aren't playing as well as your intelligence would be likely to dictate, according to bell curve study.

Post your reply: