Forums

Resign cheat?

Sort:
EdwardDiego

Happened to me twice, while playing i got message that my oponnent won by resignation - without me pressing the resign button, nor disconnecting. Its some cheat or some known bug?

NimzoRoy

Contact the staff directly via Help & Support

jaclyn

@EdwardDiego, what browser and operating system were you using? Was this on live chess or online chess?

EdwardDiego

Live chess, Mozilla firefox, Win7.

jjeremmy

does your game archive show that you lost or won the game?  it might have just been a glitch, and as long as your record doesn't reflect a loss then it shouldn't be an issue.

EdwardDiego

Not able to reliably identify those games in game list.

RobertJQuigley

Im having a similaar problem as well.  I have windows 7, and log in on a nightly basis to play 2-3 games on the "Live Chess" browser.  Lately though, when I have been logging in, it has been saying that the game has been aborted, and has happened enough times to where the system is starting to give me "Fair Play Policy" warnings.  The aborted games are not showing up in my archive.

konhidras
RobertJQuigley wrote:

Im having a similaar problem as well.  I have windows 7, and log in on a nightly basis to play 2-3 games on the "Live Chess" browser.  Lately though, when I have been logging in, it has been saying that the game has been aborted, and has happened enough times to where the system is starting to give me "Fair Play Policy" warnings.  The aborted games are not showing up in my archive.

it also happend to me. Maybe its my internet connection which is a bit problematic.

EdwardDiego

i hovever do not get message "game aborted" but message opponent win by resignation... had few disconnectons too, and disconnected opponents - server waits some time to recconect. The false resignation is instant.