Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Sakura22's Guide to Making Your Theme!

• 6 years ago · Quote · #1

sakura22

Sakura22's Guide to Making Your Theme!

Some people might think that it's too much trouble to make a theme or they'll mess up, but don't ponder! After all "Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game - Babe Ruth" It can be lots of fun!!
           First you have to know how to edit your theme! Go to your home and click [edit my profile]. Then on the right-hand side there should be a box titled "My Account" and second from the top should be a little paint brush with "Change My Theme".
           Now you can make your own or pick from a variety of others some talented people have made. If you want to make your own mark in those great themes. There should be a little box that says "Browse All Themes" and an arrow next to it. When you click on that at the bottom should be "Create A New Theme"
           Since everyone is different then I can't tell you how to exactly make "Your Perfect Theme" but I can give you some hints and tips! First pick a main color or theme you want to build around (example...music notes, navy blue, pink, bunnies,.....ect.)Then pick some other colors that go with the main idea. Try to make the font legible and the theme not too bland. You can add a little bold color also and not make it look too cheesy! Just sneak it in places where it goes with your main idea. Try to pick colors that blend together and with your main idea.
            All in all I can't make your theme for you but if you ever need any personal tips or help feel free to ask me! I'm always there to help.

Enjoy, 

Sakura22

*I would like to thank fellow chess.com member Rael for helping me come up with this idea!

• 6 years ago · Quote · #2

WVSFielding

I've been trying to find out how to a personalised theme for ages, thanks for the tips...

• 6 years ago · Quote · #3

emilyispsycho7

Thanks sakura!!!! but I have one question if you don't like your theme could you always go back and have no theme?

• 6 years ago · Quote · #4

rich

You can edit it of course. But what gets me is all the different names for the different parts of your theme it dose get me puzzled, but I got through it. Smile

• 6 years ago · Quote · #5

GotGoose

emilyispsycho7 wrote:

Thanks sakura!!!! but I have one question if you don't like your theme could you always go back and have no theme?

Yes, you can always select the default chess.com theme.

• 6 years ago · Quote · #6

sakura22

rich wrote:

You can edit it of course. But what gets me is all the different names for the different parts of your theme it dose get me puzzled, but I got through it.

Yeah it's pretty confusing at first, but just tell me what part you need help on and I can tell you which one it is that changes it.

• 6 years ago · Quote · #7

rich

Okay thanks.

• 6 years ago · Quote · #8

epee55

Great tips and a great theme changing guide!

• 6 years ago · Quote · #9

DeepGreene

Nice!  Here's a site that will help you identify sets/themes of colours that won't make your eyes bleed when you put them together:  http://kuler.adobe.com/

(It runs on Flex, so you'll need an up-to-date version of Flash to use that page, mind you.)

• 6 years ago · Quote · #10

ADK

Cool, I thought it was HARD creating a NEW theme before...

ADK

• 6 years ago · Quote · #11

rush40

its pretty easy make it readable not white backround and yellow font or somthing

• 6 years ago · Quote · #12

Aristokatt

... and you wont tell me how to put captions on pictures... waaaaaaaaa!

• 6 years ago · Quote · #13

Locke

A guide to making your own theme is superfluous, considering there already exists an extremely simplified interface to do so. If we had to code them in HTML, I might display greater quantities of appreciation.

• 6 years ago · Quote · #14

phishcake5

Drop on by and take a look at my place if you want to see theme creation that's on the cutting edge. 

If your not artistic, or just plain lazy get your girlfriend to do it for you Kiss

• 6 years ago · Quote · #15

bowanza

Yeah, after all those years and all those billions of books in black text with white pages, what was everybody thinking?  Yellow text on a white background is so much harder to read!  I'm so impressed at your creativity! 

• 6 years ago · Quote · #16

phishcake5

You flatter me bo;)

• 6 years ago · Quote · #17

bowanza

I try.

• 6 years ago · Quote · #18

phishcake5

Nice page Sakura22,  good harmony of colors with your background, which is also groovy, whats better then the final freaking frontier right:) 

• 6 years ago · Quote · #19

Maradonna

I've never bothered with a theme. This reflects both the fact that I'm acheingly boring and have zero creativity. Essentially, is this not what themes are all about, giving people a window into your soul :0)

*Edit* i've no soul either - or mojo - nor am I finger licking good.

• 6 years ago · Quote · #20

Maradonna

Nice stars. The light from stars takes ages to reach us, so the stars that we see is not real time but many years ago. Whenever you look at the night sky you are looking into the past.

Somebody step in and tell me if I'm wrong :)

Post your reply: