Forums

Setting Engines to never resign

Sort:
landwehr
[COMMENT DELETED]
Elubas
landwehr wrote:
Elubas wrote:

You will do anything to make your opinion about resigning known, even when the OP is asking a completely different question. Interesting.

if you understood plain english I did answer the question posed in the OP...the word 'probably'

Fair enough, it's just interesting to me your eagerness to integrate my understanding of English, and your opinion on resigning, into your answers.

vimzonich

@Xilmi - thank you!  I overlooked it twice before asking. 

@macer75:  No - I am not the next Carlsen - just studying endgames and it is a pain to not be able to work them to conclusion.

landwehr
Elubas wrote:
landwehr wrote:
Elubas wrote:

You will do anything to make your opinion about resigning known, even when the OP is asking a completely different question. Interesting.

if you understood plain english I did answer the question posed in the OP...the word 'probably'

Fair enough, it's just interesting to me your eagerness to integrate my understanding of English, and your opinion on resigning, into your answers.

interesting   way to use the word interesting to criticise 

royalbishop

And the thread has been Jacked.

pdve
vimzonich wrote:

Anyone know how to make Hodini, Rybka, Stockfish etc. never resign?  Is there such an option?  I use Arena 3.0 currently. 

Thanks!

vimzonich, why would you want to do that.

Xilmi
royalbishop wrote:

Ok back to the speed of Tablets using an Engine how much slower are they compared to a computer? Plus can i see the options on them using a Tablet?

On a tablet you obviously use another GUI to run them. I personally use "Chess for Android", which has full UCI-Support to run Critter on it on my phone.

Upon installing the engine you can do some settings on them but I didn't really bother.

How much "slower" it is is a strange question. The GUI controls how long the engine is allowed to calculate. It will stop calculating as soon as the time given by the GUI runs out. It simply will not have gotten as deep as it would in the same time on a better computer.

I play Critter with "Ponder" (thinking during my move) and an additional 3 seconds when it's his turn. This certainly produces weaker play than doing the same on a PC but I still get absolutely destroyed by it. ^^

royalbishop

Thanks so i have to check out some a GUI. Not purchasing anything until i have all the details. Too much money to spend here.

royalbishop

See i want to do something different here. I want it to help me when i am reading my new chess books. Play with different situations which will create my own puzzles to solve and see if came up with the same solution as the engine. Which will help me master the material in my books.

TheBigMacAttack
[COMMENT DELETED]
TheBigMacAttack

I found a resign setting for chess engines in Chess Arena.  Click "engines," "manage," then "UCI".  You will see the setting there, in the top right of the window, and you can just uncheck the box.  I hope this helps players having trouble finding this setting!  It is a useful setting when you want to see how a strong engine finishes an endgame. 

EscherehcsE
TheBigMacAttack wrote:

I found a resign setting for chess engines in Chess Arena.  Click "engines," "manage," then "UCI".  You will see the setting there, in the top right of the window, and you can just uncheck the box.  I hope this helps players having trouble finding this setting!  It is a useful setting when you want to see how a strong engine finishes an endgame. 

Yes, your post should help others with the problem, assuming they overlooked Post #5 earlier in the thread.

sagar009

Thanks to xilmi. That solved the case.