Forums

Stuff Non-Chess Players Say

Sort:
dragonair234

Today was our club's last meeting of the academic year :'( And the last meeting ever for me cause I'm graduating in 2 weeks -- ahhhh!!! Laughing But we have a casual get together this Sunday, so I hope it'll be fun!! We're bringing a few chess sets to a local pizzeria. Yum yum... 

Smile

dragonair234

* Two people talking about chess *

* Person who doesn't know much about chess * -- "I don't know that Bobby Fischer stuff..."  

Yup, overheard that yesterday.  

chessKing1248
Neslanovac wrote:

Wife's girlfriend walks in while I was going throe the game on board.

Whats wrong with him, he is playing with him self!?

No ,I am not. I am going throe some game.

Realy, I toot chess is played by two people, not one.

Yes ,it is but I am going throe some game.

But, chess is a game for two, are you O.K.

Yes, I am but...

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dmxn2k

Why do you always start with White?

camberfoil

I hate it when people say that chess is "racist" or "religiously discriminatory" because white goes first and because the king has a cross on his head.. Racism is a very serious issue, and I must curb the desire to throw punches when people accuse chess of being such.

dragonair234

Yeah... but if the chess set is not white and black then they can't make that claim Cool Problem (kinda) solved. 

OrganicVegetables

Yesterday in Bughouse:

Played a 20 minute game(Each player had 20 minutes on the clock). And so it begins with me turtling/growing the tumor cancer while my partner sacks all his pawns for knights, and bishops. So i had all the bishops and knights.

By now, everyone had roughly 18 minutes left on their clock. My cancer turtle had reach its maximum with over half the board filled with my pieces. I glanced at the other board and saw that they were basically depleted.

I decided to start trading with the opponents and the other board was slowly refilling itself. 

By now there were still 15 minutes left on the clock and my cancer turtle had been destroyed.

My partner had to sack queen after a knight fork between king and queen.

Now my opponent had a clear advantage. My partner at that moment had 6 pawns, 3 knights, 3 bishops, and 1 rook. He slowly drops all his pieces on the board and manages to give me all of the oppnents knights and queen.

At the 10 minute mark i managed to regrow my turtle formation and pinned my opponent to the radiator. My opponent still hasn't dropped his queen yet. My partner told me that a pawn would make get me a rook and so i traded a pawn for a pawn. I got a rook.

Now at the 5 minute mark, I still had him pinned to the radiator(If you don't know what it means, it means that Im very close to checkmating him)

We somehow queen traded like 2 two times and within 1 minute, i got both queens in my hand and i dropped both queen for "defense". The game continued with me having 2 pawns in my hand and my oppnent had nothing. I cleared him with my pawns and i went in and checkmated him with 1 second left on the clock while my opponent had 1 second on the clock.

On the other board...well they only had a few pawns and a king.

dragonair234

This also took me 20 mins to read (j/k) but this I think is the best part: We somehow queen traded like 2 two times and within 1 minute

lol (;

akafett

Ok, this is not the kind of game I usually encounter. I probably made some inaccuracies as well as my opponent:

The easiest game I ever played.

OrganicVegetables
dragonair234 wrote:

This also took me 20 mins to read (j/k) but this I think is the best part: We somehow queen traded like 2 two times and within 1 minute

lol (;

Like not even kidding. I don't know how that happened but i was like " i got 2 queens

DaleNash01

"Checkers is better than chess"

camberfoil

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!

detroitwes

I know how the pieces move for instance the horse moves in an L shape .

but

Where's bounty hunter dude?

camberfoil

I dunno...¿Dónde está akafett?

dragonair234
OrganicVegetables wrote:
dragonair234 wrote:

lol (;

Like not even kidding. I don't know how that happened but i was like " i got 2 queens

lmao

dragonair234

Ya'all... I'm going to the Las Vegas International Chess Festival. They have a tournament going on which I won't be part of (at least not this time nor in the near future) but I'll get to enjoy the chess festivities..... so many chess festivites... I'm so excited! It starts next month. I'll be with about 5 other people, and most of them will be playing in the tournament. (They're the brave ones.) (;

Do you guys have any chess events coming up this summer? 

akafett
but wrote:

Where's bounty hunter dude?

Post 5410. Yeh, I know I haven't been here in a while. I'm back now.

ThrillerFan
dragonair234 wrote:

Ya'all... I'm going to the Las Vegas International Chess Festival. They have a tournament going on which I won't be part of (at least not this time nor in the near future) but I'll get to enjoy the chess festivities..... so many chess festivites... I'm so excited! It starts next month. I'll be with about 5 other people, and most of them will be playing in the tournament. (They're the brave ones.) (;

Do you guys have any chess events coming up this summer? 

Chicago Open starting this Friday - I'll be in the Under 2300 Section, and a friend of mine will be in the Under 2100 Section.

akafett

The only chess events around my area are the ones I start by getting out my set and wait  for someone to come by play.