Forums

Stuff Non-Chess Players Say

Sort:
egoole

Dont' get #5703 

camberfoil
akafett wrote:

You are literally rolling on the floor laughing??? And typing a post at the same time???

Hey, I'm good at multitasking!

dragonair234
egoole wrote:

Dont' get #5703 

Yeah that one's kind of a stretch tbh

dragonair234
camberfoil wrote:

Literally. I'm actually rolling on the floor laughing.

Better you literally rofl than literally lmao  

Wink

dragonair234

Hey guys I'm pretty emotional. We're about to hit 1,000,000 views on this thread. Unbelievable. You guys have really made this a fun adventure. :)

egoole
camberfoil wrote:
akafett wrote:

You are literally rolling on the floor laughing??? And typing a post at the same time???

Can you rub your stomach and pat your head... @ once

johnnykontant

what a nerd game. some fool once said this.

akafett
dragonair234 wrote:
camberfoil wrote:

Literally. I'm actually rolling on the floor laughing.

Better you literally rofl than literally lmao  

Hey! What's that bouncing dowm the street?....

Oh, it's just Camber's foil.

dragonair234

Guys we hit 1 million views on the thread. It took 2 years and 5,700+ comments, but it happened. I don't know how else to celebrate this but I think it's pretty awesome. Thanks again :') 

dragonair234
egoole wrote:
camberfoil wrote:
akafett wrote:

I CAN!

dragonair234
johnnykontant wrote:

what a nerd game. some fool once said this.

The smart thing would be to keep quiet when someone says that or better yet rationally explain why chess is not just for "nerds". The mean thing would be to ask what their "hobbies" are and interrogate them, which I strongly recommend not doing unless as a last resort. 

NabeelRafid

hey guys i want to troll my friends in this group chat. here is the link

skype:?chat&blob=U9WAKH7deT7gcmkWjv6cb6f6XshgKqlYUvXr1xSou2TwJT90Vd4yVfBjN0z4S-h-T-0Pv6lw_7Z9pX2rrQA

just stay on it and keep on saying something about chess because they hate it. according to them it is the worst game in the world. make them PAAAAAAAY!!!!

dragonair234
Arjun316694 wrote:

(After you beat your horrible chess player friend a few times) 

Friend: dude I have a cousin who could probably cream you!

You: Yeh sure

Friend: Yeah he can! you beat me in 10-20 moves while he beats me in 4 moves every time!

(Next game you mate in 4 moves)

Friend:.....

lol. 

johnnykontant

i do keep quiet. i have actually never mentioned this before, and i wasnt offended. i dont mind if some people find my hobbies and interests as " nerdy ". Believe me, some of my other interests or pet subjects are probably what most would think are nerdy. I just think the generality of the game as nerdy is silly. Look at Carlsen. He doesnt seam very nerdy to me. 

egoole

"Who's winning"

dragonair234
johnnykontant wrote:

i do keep quiet. i have actually never mentioned this before, and i wasnt offended. i dont mind if some people find my hobbies and interests as " nerdy ". Believe me, some of my other interests or pet subjects are probably what most would think are nerdy. I just think the generality of the game as nerdy is silly. Look at Carlsen. He doesnt seam very nerdy to me. 

Carlsen is the chess player sweetheart. He seems like a special exception.

colinsaul

Carlsen is a good boy.

Robert_New_Alekhine

I guess I should become a 100...

camberfoil
egoole wrote:
camberfoil wrote:
akafett wrote:

I can look someone in the eye and have a conversation with them while playing the guitar...does that count?

dragonair234
twighead wrote:

*You en-passant*

Them: "OMG WTF THAT'S CHEATING!!"

Trrrruuuuth.