Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

**Silman or Pandolfini Endgames?**

• 3 years ago · Quote · #1

AAA117

For my first endgame book should I get Pandolfini's then Silman's when I'm done, or does Silman already cover everything Pandolfini does and more?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #2

howlingmadbenji

i don't know about the pandolfini but I have the Silman and I like it

• 3 years ago · Quote · #3

ChessisGood

Silman is MUCH better. Of course, neither compare to Dvoretsky, but that is a different matter entirely.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #4

AAA117

Does Silman include everything Pandolfini does?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #5

AnnaZC

Silman's content seemed presentable, and digestible, see reviews here

http://www.amazon.com/Silmans-Complete-Endgame-Course-Beginner/dp/1890085103

• 23 months ago · Quote · #6

varelse1

I have learned much from both books. Pandolofini has more content. And demonstrates the idea of "critical squares" better.

Silman has better set-up. White always attacking, black always defending. which makes it much less confusing than Pandolofini. (Where white always succeeds, no matter what.) So Silman makes it easier to discern where the line lies between the win and the draw.

Also, Silman has larger print, and fewer typos. (Pandolofinis book is horrific for that.)

But Pandolofini is about half the price. As great as Silmans book is, it is still a $30 purchase. that's a bitter pill to swallow.

• 23 months ago · Quote · #7

kemibl

I ordered my brand new copy of Silman"s Endgame Course here for $17 plus shipping. I don't know if there is an extra fee for shipping internationally.

• 23 months ago · Quote · #8

kemibl

Post your reply: