Forums

something not right

Sort:
Swfc75

some accounts are really dodgy if you ask me . 

DrawMaster

Chess.com lets anyone come in and play if they have a valid email address. This is good, but it has a downside to it. This, of course, means that there will be some shady characters with bad intentions present here from time to time.

However, chess.com does its best - with your input - to weed such folk out as fast as it can find, verify and eliminate them. Chess.com does in fact rely on information from you to help get this done. So, if you have legitimate concerns about the behavior you see or suspicious aspects of some member accounts, report it to Support using the ticket process. It will be looked into.

Swfc75

i'm sure chess . com does try to eradicate shady characters , but some seem so blatant .

DrawMaster

That's certainly possible. If you see one, here's the place to report:

http://support.chess.com/Tickets/Submit

waffllemaster

Shady characters?  On the forum or the opponents you play in games?

Swfc75

people i play are fine . i'm selective who i play and not just cos of their rating .

Swfc75

not at all , was talking in general not at you thetubester . 

waffllemaster

Well now that you mention it, I suspect ZoeDiaz and Caretaker1980 are the same person... not that it matters.  It may be my imagination but these seem to pop up more during school breaks.  I'm sure it will be short lived one way or another.

As for post #3, I'm sure chess.com would hire 100 full time moderators and cheat detectors if they could do so easily.  I used to get frustrated but in their defense it's got to be hard to regulate so many members with limited staff.

Swfc75

zoediaz is exactly what had me thinking . but more on a sinister level . could this be someone trying to manipulate young kids !!!!!! ? . cheats i can cope with , but never thought i'd have such suspisions on this site .

Swfc75

anyway those where just my thoughts , not an accusation .

waffllemaster
Swfc75 wrote:

zoediaz is exactly what had me thinking . but more on a sinister level . could this be someone trying to manipulate young kids !!!!!! ? . cheats i can cope with , but never thought i'd have such suspisions on this site .

Naa, I don't think it's anything that serious.  The person plays some games with computer help and makes multiple posts about them.  IMO they're mainly an attention seeker.

It is a bit odd though, "she" blocks people pretty quickly so it's not regular trolling where you want as many replies as possible.  And the pictures were an unnecessary touch, responding to posts from 30 year old men with "thanks for the compliment" is unsettling too heh.

Not completely sure what to make of that account, but it doesn't seem to be going after kids at least.

Swfc75

well i hope your right , def strange though and prob not the only one .

waffllemaster

I know the avg opponent rating is very low, but this is still peculiar.  I wouldn't waste my time playing 150 standard length games vs opponents 800 points below me.

ponz111

I have his record beat but that is another story.  153-0 does he really play players that much lower than him?

wtf_BobbyF
waffllemaster wrote:
Swfc75 wrote:

Naa, I don't think it's anything that serious.  The person plays some games with computer help and makes multiple posts about them.  IMO they're mainly an attention seeker.

It is a bit odd though, "she" blocks people pretty quickly so it's not regular trolling where you want as many replies as possible.  And the pictures were an unnecessary touch, responding to posts from 30 year old men with "thanks for the compliment" is unsettling too heh.

Not completely sure what to make of that account, but it doesn't seem to be going after kids at least.

zoediaz is just an attention seeker if u ask me, the people i am concerned about is the guys admiring and praising her feet... i mean wtf!!! 

wtf_BobbyF

those are the sick ones!!!

Swfc75

agree 

wtf_BobbyF

gm_nagu this guy has many comments of young girls in his wall and it seems like some of them gave him her fb acounts... he seems older, thats just not right

wtf_BobbyF

omg check his friends list

x-5058622868

A foot fetish isn't a big deal, but she claims to be 13!