Forums

Sometimes I can't move the chess peice I want to

Sort:
UncorkedPanther

I often have to refresh to move my peices, but even then sometimes I can't move the peice I want to, but it will let me move another chess peice. I have had to resign many games because of this.

cdowis75

Piece is pinned to your king (discovered check), it's not your turn, illegal move (knight move on diagonal).

UncorkedPanther
cdowis75 wrote:

Piece is pinned to your king (discovered check), it's not your turn, illegal move (knight move on diagonal).

Its not that, it is happening every game I can move some peices, but often not the one I want to. Usually its the peice I want to move in somewhat obviouse situatations.

CrystalMoon

I play chess all over the internet with little or no problem.  Trying to play here, however, I encountered many difficulties, particularly with either pieces hesitating when I try to move them or just not moving at all.  I started with Firefox, then I.E., then Google Chrome and had trouble with all three.  Then I tried Opera, which was better but not good. Then I tried Apple Safari, though I have a Windows PC, and it was better than the others but not great. FINALLY I downloaded a browser with the odd name Maxthon Cloud, and it's proved to be much faster in Live Chess with far fewer glitches. So that's now my chess.com browser.

You may want try different browsers to see which one work best, or works at all, with your particular system.

MrDamonSmith

Yeah, & um..... also maybe wait until it's your turn to move. Just an idea. I could be outta line here but just sayin'........

dragonair234

The Chess Gods and Goddesses have spoken! 

cdowis75

Try to click on the piece and see if it is highlighted.  If so, then click on the location square and should then move.  Try it again, if not work.  If still not working, it's probably a browser issue.

You might also clear out (delete) the temp files in your browser.

Lagomorph
UncorkedPanther wrote:
cdowis75 wrote:

Its not that, it is happening every game I can move some peices, but often not the one I want to. Usually its the peice I want to move in somewhat obviouse situatations.

Can you tell us which games and which piece ?

catpee

disgusted. just lost my last game when trying to play Rg8. It wasn't illegal. screen showed piece had moved. just my clock did not stop. plenty of time. when I saw clock not working tried to go back and try again. has worked in the past. clock ran down. could do nothing about it. sorry for opponent. have had these issues since last major upgrade. I'm using app on nexus 7. to be honest thinking of finding a better place to play.

cdowis75

I have seen other threads on clock running down

UncorkedPanther
Lagomorph wrote:
UncorkedPanther wrote:
cdowis75 wrote:

Can you tell us which games and which piece ?

Many of my games lately I have resined early because I can't move the peice I want to. I then check to see if it lets me move other pieces and it works.

I am going to try doing something with my browser.

And its not a pinned peice or the other players turn. Often I refresh and it works but often I can't move a peice yet I can move other peices. At first I thought it was hackers because it seemed weird that I could not make what seemed like the obviouse right move to me yet I could move other peices.

fourGGGG
UncorkedPanther wrote:

I often have to refresh to move my peices, but even then sometimes I can't move the peice I want to, but it will let me move another chess peice. I have had to resign many games because of this.