Forums

Suddenly into the dawn! :(

Sort:
pavandlegend

I was playing good chess and was getting better and better.. but suddenly these days i am not able to look at common moves.. just like one of how i got mate in the below game! I am not able to look at all the pieces and their moves, i somehow forget something and concentrate one only one plan and the rest which i forget is ofcourse hurting me to loose!
please tell me how can i get back to my normal good chess play, and improve from there on!

jcoat

Ouch. Don't know what to say other than perhaps you should ask yourself more often "what is my opponent's threat?" However, mistakes like this happen quite often in openings where one side plays awkwardly and the other side doesn't stop to think what has changed due to the main line not being followed.

baddogno

I believe the malady is called "tunnel vision".  You get wrapped up in your plans and miss your opponent's ideas.  Unfortunately, it's a little like the common cold: pretty much everyone suffers from it occasionally.  And like the common cold, there is no cure except time.  So hang in there Pavandlegend, you'll get back to form eventually.

eddysallin

A PROBLEM WE ALL SUFFER...BEAR W/ IT,THINGS WILL TURN FOR THE GOOD.  GOOD LUCK