Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Tell Me Why You Aren't a Premium Member

• 2 years ago · Quote · #401

TheGrobe

I feel like I'm missing out. Do you suppose I could pay chess.com a small premium so that I could see the ads and play along? There's just no option to have full access to all of the features here and the ads.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #402

AlCzervik

You might be on the "watch list" since you have been accused of chatting.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #404

deadastronauts

I can't even vote on which ad I hate most since I use an ad blocking browser extension.Cry

• 2 years ago · Quote · #405

winerkleiner

How about the ad from Lumosity, Your brain, just brighter, brain power ad.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #406

AlCzervik

Every time I log on I see three more friends have "unfriended" me. I didn't know I used to have so many. 

• 2 years ago · Quote · #407

winerkleiner

Lol, yes that's 90 friends leaving evey months, wow!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #408

AndyClifton

I finally punched on to see what the heck that thing was about.  Sure glad I did that.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #409

winerkleiner

Tell us more Andy!

• 2 years ago · Quote · #410

fivefingerdiscount

winerkleiner wrote:

Tell us more Andy!

did she  put up a fight?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXlnMveRt-Y

• 2 years ago · Quote · #411

AndyClifton

I was told that I could find out who had unfriended me! (dirty scum).

• 2 years ago · Quote · #412

AlCzervik

Let me guess-you can if you pay.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #413

AlCzervik

I hope all those that have unfriended me are the Nigerians that have millions for me if I send them money.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #414

George1st

I honestly have no idea. If you know, please pass the info on to me. Thanx : )

• 2 years ago · Quote · #415

AndyClifton

Okay, how about these "Woman Is 53 But Looks 27" ads?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #416

AndyClifton

And is everybody else getting these blue underlines on words in posts taking them to other links?

• 2 years ago · Quote · #417

AlCzervik

I haven't, and that doesn't sound good.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #418

TheGrobe

Sounds like malware/adware -- that's a common signature of it.

• 2 years ago · Quote · #419

sftac

Tried Premium (Diamond, no less -- hang around long enough and the site's likely to throw a free trial at you, without your even providing your name and credit card number), but didn't like it.  (too many features, took up too much of my time).  The free version is amply occupying.

sftac

• 23 months ago · Quote · #420

Greenmtnboy

AndyClifton wrote:

Okay, how about these "Woman Is 53 But Looks 27" ads?

Any ad is guilty by suspicion IMO.  I watch a fair amount of cable TV (nothing racy), and even though I thought my sales resistance was pretty advanced, fell for those Scottrade ads, which looked pretty convincing.  Problem with discount brokerages like Scottrade is you are pretty much on your own in the Wild West Darwinian thoroughly questionable world of investing.  I lost a bundle, one of my stupidest bets was a Russian mining company called Supatcha Resources; and when I complained to the higher ups at Scottrade they wrote me a form letter and I got a courtesy call from my broker.  I wouldn't be surprised if they are actively betting against the newbies as they have all the insider information on accounts.

Not only the language prof ads, but howabout the solicitation emails for various scams.  And on cable, how about the car commercial where the guy rolls a snowball down the hill and it takes out his co-workers car?  And the Fedex commercial where the guy wants to ship pens?  Did they say a pause for a 60 second commercial or the 62nd commercial?

Post your reply: