Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

**The New Live Chess Sounds Suck!**

• 3 years ago · Quote · #1

AAA117

Who else thinks the new online chess sounds sound like broken guitars and computer error alerts?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #2

RJNII

Is there any way to go back to the old sounds?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #3

cookiemonster161140

the old sounds sucked just as bad. is there anyway to go back to the live chess sounds prior to two changes ago? 

• 3 years ago · Quote · #4

AAA117

They're both bad, but the old ones are better.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #5

Wilbert_78

The one sound that irritates me, is the farting noise when starting a new game. My girlfriend constantly looks at me when she hears that... 

• 3 years ago · Quote · #6

Chess4001

yeah the new sounds are really horrible!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #7

OldScribe2010

"The one sound that irritates me, is the farting noise when starting a new game. My girlfriend constantly looks at me when she hears that..."

You should just raise and eyebrow and look back at her...

• 3 years ago · Quote · #8

ChessCamper

i dont' understand why they can't let you modify your sounds just like you can modify your game board color and pieces.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #9

Froggy

Boo hoo!

Apart from Chess4001 none of you are paying members, you are getting something for free and complaining about it.  On the subject of complaining are you guys serious!  Such a First World problem isn't it when you are complaining about the 'sound' you hear whilst you play chess, in the comfort of your home. 

Perspective people.  Mute the sound and listen to something else like your favourite band; or just suck it up and get over it. 

Have a great day!  Smile

• 3 years ago · Quote · #10

Wilbert_78

FroggyBusiness wrote:

Boo hoo!

Apart from Chess4001 none of you are paying members, you are getting something for free and complaining about it.  On the subject of complaining are you guys serious!  Such a First World problem isn't it when you are complaining about the 'sound' you hear whilst you play chess, in the comfort of your home. 

Perspective people.  Mute the sound and listen to something else like your favourite band; or just suck it up and get over it. 

Have a great day! 

Shame you don't know the difference between tearing something down or trying to improve it. With honest criticisme. Try muting when playing multiple games. While in 2 games you have someone who isn't moving... until the last minute. You need the sound. Especially on the 'simple' board. 

• 3 years ago · Quote · #11

Froggy

Wilbert_78 wrote:

Shame you don't know the difference between tearing something down or trying to improve it. With honest criticisme. Try muting when playing multiple games. While in 2 games you have someone who isn't moving... until the last minute. You need the sound. Especially on the 'simple' board. 

I have tried muting with multiple games.  In fact the first thing I did when I joined this site back in 2009 was mute the sound, and since then I have played many, many, many games. 

As for honest criticism.  Fine be honest all you want, but that doesn't make it constructive.  The posts so far can hardly be regarded as constructive. 

Most of what has been posted so far is mockery and individuals expressing their distaste.  Here I have highlighted examples;

"The New Live Chess Sounds Suck!"; "new online chess sounds sound like broken guitars and computer error alerts"; "the old sounds sucked just as bad". 

Which part of that is constructive?  Why not say things like, "we appreciate the effort to improve the free service you provide; however we would like to return to the old sounds?"  Maybe then elaborate on why you think the sounds aren't up to your standards. 

Rather than acting like spoilt children carrying on with, "this sucks". 

I re-iterate my point; a lot of whinging about first world problems.  Boo-hoo. 

• 3 years ago · Quote · #12

Froggy

"Shame you don't know the difference between tearing something down or trying to improve it."

Nice to see you judging me by the way.  Do you always look down your nose at people? 

• 3 years ago · Quote · #13

CerebralAssassin

it seems the staff are trolling us with these new sound changes.....are they that bad?haven't gone into live yet

• 3 years ago · Quote · #14

CerebralAssassin

they're not that bad....not as bad as that one time where they changed the sounds a few weeks agoTongue out still I prefer the older sounds.oh well.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #15

cabrego

i like em!!!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #16

windows96

[COMMENT DELETED]
  • 3 years ago · Quote · #17

MytzlPlyx

We appreciate the effort to improve the free service you provide; however we would like to return to the old sounds, because the NEW ONES SUCK!!

Thank you.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #18

LINKIN_PARK

hhey  plz change back to old sound change everything dont change sound new sound is like toilet flash sound i hate it and many also 

• 3 years ago · Quote · #19

BigAlex

"i like em!!!"

Except the initial sound that sounds like cards being shuffled.

They are very close to the Playchess server ones that I used to like.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #20

Benny_B

I don't like the new castling sound, it isn't distinct and sounds kind of weak now...Sadface...

Post your reply: