Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

This site has cr*p technology

• 5 years ago · Quote · #1

Tiddlypush2

[COMMENT DELETED]
  • 5 years ago · Quote · #2

TheGrobe

PLEASE READ! DO NOT USE LIVE CHESS unless you understand that it is still a work-in-progress. You MAY be disconnected randomly. You MAY experience lag. You WILL be disappointed if you expect anything else. For the BEST EXPERIENCE on Live Chess we recommend that you use Firefox 3, Safari 3, or Chrome. Internet Explorer browser does not perform well in Live Chess. Seriously, try Firefox 3!

We are working really hard on making Live Chess as fast, stable, and amazing as possible. In the mean time, please be patient - thanks!

A new more stable version is purportedly on the way, and soon too.

• 5 years ago · Quote · #3

Baseballfan

As has been said on the forums several times, the current version of Live Chess is broken. We as a staff feel bad about that, and we're sorry. Becauase of this, we've had to start Live Chess over, from scratch. We are COMPLETELY re-doing it, and that takes time.

That said, I'll repeat this too... the new version of Live Chess is due out very very soon. We're really excited about it, and looking forward to having it work.

• 5 years ago · Quote · #4

Tiddlypush2

[COMMENT DELETED]
  • 5 years ago · Quote · #5

Tiddlypush2

[COMMENT DELETED]
  • 5 years ago · Quote · #6

TheGrobe

Unfortunately it is necessary to assign a loss for a disconnect because the alternative opens up all sorts of opportunities for abuse (such as pulling your network cable out as soon as you realize you're going to lose to avoid the loss). 

I'd suggest worrying less about the stats and more about enjoying the games you are able to complete.

• 5 years ago · Quote · #7

xbigboy

Marfona wrote:

Who runs this site anyway?

That would be erik, and trust me, he works as hard as he can on making it better.

• 5 years ago · Quote · #8

AMcHarg

It's getting annoying listening to people complain about things that they get free of charge, especially when they don't read the notices before clicking the 'PLAY LIVE CHESS' button. Yell

• 5 years ago · Quote · #9

Trant

AMcHarg wrote:

It's getting annoying listening to people complain about things that they get free of charge, especially when they don't read the notices before clicking the 'PLAY LIVE CHESS' button.

He could always ask for a refund Wink

• 5 years ago · Quote · #10

chessoholicalien

In the meantime I suggest you play the totally stable "Online Chess" (which I personally find more fun and instructive than Live Chess anyway Smile )

• 5 years ago · Quote · #11

Tiddlypush2

[COMMENT DELETED]
  • 5 years ago · Quote · #12

rich

Marfona wrote:

I have had no feedback at all.Who runs this site anyway?

Teehee.

• 5 years ago · Quote · #13

Call_me_Ishmael

Marfona: are you using firefox or chrome as opposed to internet explorer?  I ask because, although I don't play live Chess that often, I've never been disconnected.

• 5 years ago · Quote · #14

Tiddlypush2

[COMMENT DELETED]
  • 5 years ago · Quote · #15

HiggsBoson

How exactly do all these people find a way to play live chess without seeing that huge, red-fonted warning at the top?

I'm as eager as the next guy to dive into live chess here. I just will chill until...

• 5 years ago · Quote · #16

Baseballfan

Marfona,

What do you want us to say? We've admitted that Live Chess doesn't work, and we've said that we are doing all we can to fix it, and we've apologized. What more can we say about it?

I don't normally say this, but, if Live Chess bothers you that much, please stick to playing Online Chess until Live Chess 2 comes, otherwise you'll be disappointed. 

• 5 years ago · Quote · #17

KillaBeez

Poor thing.  Live chess 2.0 is coming out probably within the next week.  Then you can put your rating back to 1200

• 5 years ago · Quote · #18

Tiddlypush2

[COMMENT DELETED]
  • 5 years ago · Quote · #19

Tiddlypush2

Just for the ttt JJIIIIIIii
  • 5 years ago · Quote · #20

Lord-Chaos

Baseballfan wrote:

As has been said on the forums several times, the current version of Live Chess is broken. We as a staff feel bad about that, and we're sorry. Becauase of this, we've had to start Live Chess over, from scratch. We are COMPLETELY re-doing it, and that takes time.

That said, I'll repeat this too... the new version of Live Chess is due out very very soon. We're really excited about it, and looking forward to having it work.

im not agreeing with Marfona here, but are you really excited about it? i think only we would be, the staff only hang around chatting lol.

Post your reply: