Forums

This Site will soon have 6 Million Members !!!

Sort:
cabadenwurt

I see that this site now has over 5.76 Million Members and should hit 6 Million in a few weeks ( Jolly Good Show !!! ). There is a chronic complainer out there who says that this is not a true total but I'm sure that Chess.com will reach 6 Million in spite of him ( take that you CAD !!! )  lol.

Update: Yes the chap that had the rather negative thread has been given the heave-ho, so long pal. Smile

batgirl

Is there some correlation between Chess.com's membership and the world population? 

DrCheckevertim

but who's better... morphy or kasparov

cabadenwurt

Good point ! Plus more people in the world are getting onto the internet as well.

cabadenwurt

Checkevrytim: Look to the future --- Magnus Carlsen or Hikaru Nakamura ???

ILBCNU

I find a closer correlation to this population:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incarceration_in_the_United_States

TheGrobe

The pronounced spike in chess.com membership started in about 1980 then?

cabadenwurt

Schacci: Thanks for the info.

cabadenwurt

I was thinking --- perhaps a prize for the 6 Millionth person ? 

rooperi

I think there was a prize for the 5th (or 4th, I've been here too long) member.

TheGrobe

Might cause a proliferation of bogus accounts and fuel that "other" thread you referred to.

cabadenwurt

Well I'm not that hung up on numbers, the fact is that new members are joining all the time. That is a good thing IMO.

cabadenwurt

Well we seem to have won the " War of the Threads ". There was a thread on the go about this site being at the 5 Million Member mark but that thread is now locked. I can only repeat my earlier comment: Take that you CAD  lol. 

deadastronauts

Chess.com probably has a script running making "new members" everyday.

DrSpudnik

here we go again...

cabadenwurt

Yes and STILL they come !!! ( the naysayers are everywhere  lol ).

Jebcc

a sissy says cad

corrijean

A lot of us didn't find it amusing when they first implemented the "pictures in off-topic forums only" rule, but we have adapted.

TheGrobe

You're supposed to stick to irreverent images:

corrijean

That seems like a relevant image.