Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

WCC 2013 will be on India


  • 17 months ago · Quote · #61

    Estragon

    Chennai is a fine location for a title match and will represent India very well to the chess world.  There is no problem playing in Anand's home country - I believe he's lived in Spain most of the time for years anyway.  The government is involved in guaranteeing the sponsorship, so red tape will not ensnare the logistics.

    There might be some places a player would not want to face the "home" favorite, but this is not the case here and Anand has always been insistent on correct behavior, an absolute gentleman of chess. 

     

    Carlsen, of course, will be accompanied by his family and management team, who have taken very good care of him thus far.  He will not be eating some local cuisine for the first time during a title match, his diet will be strictly controlled and he will not be found wandering into the bad part of town on his own, you can be certain.

    He will have a bigger problem overcoming Anand's sound positional play and keen tactical sense, not to mention match experience at the highest level since 1995.

  • 17 months ago · Quote · #62

    Likhit1

    Balachandar wrote:

    I maybe travelling to my birthplace / hometown Chennai for the WC. But I have exams in November. I don't know the exact dates yet, but I hope I can see some of the last games if possible. 

    It would also be a like a vacation, after the exams to meet my relatives. 

    Do you have to purchase a tciekt or somethin to watch those games?

  • 17 months ago · Quote · #63

    Tinku_Basumatary

    Likhit1 wrote:
    Balachandar wrote:

    I maybe travelling to my birthplace / hometown Chennai for the WC. But I have exams in November. I don't know the exact dates yet, but I hope I can see some of the last games if possible. 

    It would also be a like a vacation, after the exams to meet my relatives. 

    Do you have to purchase a tciekt or somethin to watch those games?

    no doubt in it but i hope a special screening will be organised by Tamil Nadu chess association for its local people

  • 17 months ago · Quote · #64

    Tinku_Basumatary

    Estragon wrote:

    Chennai is a fine location for a title match and will represent India very well to the chess world.  There is no problem playing in Anand's home country - I believe he's lived in Spain most of the time for years anyway.  The government is involved in guaranteeing the sponsorship, so red tape will not ensnare the logistics.

    There might be some places a player would not want to face the "home" favorite, but this is not the case here and Anand has always been insistent on correct behavior, an absolute gentleman of chess. 

     

    Carlsen, of course, will be accompanied by his family and management team, who have taken very good care of him thus far.  He will not be eating some local cuisine for the first time during a title match, his diet will be strictly controlled and he will not be found wandering into the bad part of town on his own, you can be certain.

    He will have a bigger problem overcoming Anand's sound positional play and keen tactical sense, not to mention match experience at the highest level since 1995.

    it sounds you know much about chennaiWink

  • 17 months ago · Quote · #65

    Likhit1

    I really wud love to visit the venue!I hope my exams dont geti n the way.

  • 17 months ago · Quote · #66

    Tinku_Basumatary

    Likhit1 wrote:

    I really wud love to visit the venue!I hope my exams dont geti n the way.

    you can only hope in this matter

  • 17 months ago · Quote · #67

    Balachandar

    Likhit1 wrote:
    Balachandar wrote:

    I maybe travelling to my birthplace / hometown Chennai for the WC. But I have exams in November. I don't know the exact dates yet, but I hope I can see some of the last games if possible. 

    It would also be a like a vacation, after the exams to meet my relatives. 

    Do you have to purchase a tciekt or somethin to watch those games?

    I think they'll create an official website for the WC sometime later, where we can know the info about tickets. 

  • 16 months ago · Quote · #68

    netzach

  • 16 months ago · Quote · #69

    Tinku_Basumatary

    Yes ,yesterday the agreement has been signed.


Back to Top

Post your reply: