Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

What are your coordinate skills? ( test )


  • 3 months ago · Quote · #41

    tigerprowl5

    I knew it was Obama right off the bat Tongue Out


    "it is logical that results with black are relatively worse for everybody ( no matter what their overall skill level is )."

    I disagree.  I think lower rated players would score much lower than GMs due to the fact they don't study from black's perspective as much and rely more on white's openings to decide moves.  GMs would prepare more, and I would say from 1700 and up, we would see a incremental rise in performance.

  • 3 months ago · Quote · #42

    watcha

    tigerprowl5 wrote:

    I think lower rated players would score much lower than GMs due to the fact they don't study from black's perspective as much and rely more on white's openings to decide moves.  GMs would prepare more, and I would say from 1700 and up, we would see a incremental rise in performance.

    Look, not too many GMs have posted in this thread, so I don't know about the situation with GMs. All posters who have actually disclosed their results in this thread reported worse performance with black, including high rated players:

    ( harryz is currently rated 1849 blitz )

  • 3 months ago · Quote · #43

    Roeczak

    First try:
    White 33 Black 35

    Second try:
    White 36 Black 34

    I still suck at bullet...

  • 3 months ago · Quote · #44

    watcha

    Roeczak wrote:

    First try:
    White 33 Black 35

    Second try:
    White 36 Black 34

    I still ... at bullet...

    You seem to be the exception. However your bullet is higher than your live standard ( I don't know how you can call this 'underperforming at bullet' ). My live standard is 145 points higher than my bullet ( not to speak of my percentiles ).

  • 3 months ago · Quote · #45

    tigerprowl5

    watcha wrote:
    tigerprowl5 wrote:

    I think lower rated players would score much lower than GMs due to the fact they don't study from black's perspective as much and rely more on white's openings to decide moves.  GMs would prepare more, and I would say from 1700 and up, we would see a incremental rise in performance.

    Look, not too many GMs have posted in this thread, so I don't know about the situation with GMs. All posters who have actually disclosed their results in this thread reported worse performance with black, including high rated players:

     

    ( harryz is currently rated 1849 blitz )

    If you play at the tournament level, you aren't randomly picking squares.  You are remembering or already have a few lines you will play.  This is like a musician playing melodies as opposed to random atonal notes.

     

    It doesn't matter what results people post here.  It doesn't make it more valid.  If this little "experiment" posted the top 3 stockfish moves, then we could relate this to black or white not playing as well.  Keep in mind, some of the engine moves only evaluate 1 or 2 as the best moves. 

     

    Is it any wonder why we count 1-8 and say a-h easier than backwards as black?  If that was the objective, we didn't need to do all this then.  I would prefer using the tool at hand for something more rewarding.

  • 3 months ago · Quote · #46

    Roeczak

    watcha wrote:
    Roeczak wrote:

    First try:
    White 33 Black 35

    Second try:
    White 36 Black 34

    I still ... at bullet...

    You seem to be the exception. However your bullet is higher than your live standard ( I don't know how you can call this 'underperforming at bullet' ). My live standard is 145 points higher than my bullet ( not to speak of my percentiles ).


    I don't play live standard here at all. I qualified for 2nd round of mind games (10/0 time control) and on fics my standard rating is a little higher than 2000.

  • 3 months ago · Quote · #47

    watcha

    Roeczak wrote: I don't play live standard here at all.

    You have a profile at chess.com, which says:

    This is the only verifiable data about your performance.

    fact: You have played 42 live standard games.

    fact: Your highest ever live rating was in bullet ( 1844 ).

  • 3 months ago · Quote · #48

    Roeczak

    [COMMENT DELETED]
  • 3 months ago · Quote · #49

    Roeczak

    http://ratings.fide.com/card.phtml?event=4275330

     

    Here is my FIDE profile if you are interested.


Back to Top

Post your reply: