Forums

What chess records may never be broken?

Sort:
ponz111

Yes, I would have had 400 perfect bowling games if I sauced up!

feygooner

While we're on the subject of Spassky, surely it's unlikely that any other WC match will see a default (2nd game 1972). 

EDIT: Oh wait, didn't Kramnik default against Topalov or something?

madhacker
Mainline_Novelty wrote:

Greatest Number Of Castlings in a game : 3! http://timkr.home.xs4all.nl/records/

Lol! I've just noticed this, it's a classic. I shall attempt to beat it.

Asorski

Dont forget that Karpov too has a lifetime record. He won the 1975 World Chess Championship title by default!Cool

Sherlock__Holmes

Nobody can lose more than 2 pieces in one move :

http://www.chess.com/forum/view/fun-with-chess/can-you-lost-2-pieces-in-one-move

Eatityounastyasshack
Here_Is_Plenty wrote:

"First guy to ever deliver checkmate..." - mind you we have no claimed record for this one, so I am claiming now to be that guy.  No other contestants?  Good, its mine!

I am hoping the Kasparov rating wont get broken as I included it in a story as "the highest rating of all time" and would hate to have to go back and edit.

Heh, now I'll have to go watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur5fGSBsfq8&feature=fvwrel again. Cheers.

ponz111

I think first guy to deliver check mate was Adam as after all he smartened up after eating from the tree of knowledge and Eve always let him win.

Chop1n

Probably the record for the longest title reign, held currently by Em. Lasker.

People these days are just too numerous and to strong in chess to have a consistent dominator imo.

fabelhaft

Lowest rated FIDE World Champion: Kasimdzhanov #54. This will be tough to beat, van Wely is #54 at the moment and doesn't feel like World Champion material.

NajdorfDefense
ponz111 wrote:

It is easy to beat 3 gms in 3 tries but to do what Spassky did-4 past/current world champs first time playing them is very difficult.

Unless you catch a future world champ at age of 10 or something...

Rubinstein beat 3 World Champs the first time he played each of them, including the mighty Capa, Alekhine, and Lasker. That is verrrrry different from beating '3 GMs' lol.

Also, Spassky's 2nd match vs a WC was a draw v Petrosian in the USSR Chp. His 3rd was a draw vs Botvinnik. So, 1-0-2 is a good record, but nothing like 3-0-0.

ponz111

I have a chess record which "will never be broken" . I am the only person in the history of United States Correspondence Championship  [there have been about 20 so far] who in the Finals won every game with Black.

This likely will not be broken because of the advent of computer help and data base help for the players. Now it is near impossible to win 7 straight games out of 7 in the Finals of that Championship.

I realize it is only a USA record but it is one that will not be broken.

One reason the record was set is that I used an opening that at the time that was not often played:  1. e4  d5  2. exd5  Qxd5 Scandinavian Defense... 4 out of 4 with that Defense.

AndyClifton

The Scandinavian?!  Why, that's sheer tomfoolery!

ponz111

But at the time I played it--it was new and there was little or no theory.

[I had some improvements over existing theory at the time]

4 out or 4 with Black-  in finals of US Championship not so  much tomfoolery Laughing

AndyClifton

Well, I certainly hope you're not foolish enough to take anything that comes out of my big puppethead too seriously. Laughing

ponz111

ok Andy Laughing

rybkadefeater

garry kasparovs winning the world championship at the age of 20 `

AndyClifton

Yes, if he had done so that would've been quite impressive.

netzach

Smile

fabelhaft

Oldest World Champion: Steinitz was 56 years old when he lost the title to Lasker. To beat that Carlsen has to be World Champion year 2047, and that sounds tough. Anand only has to hold out until year 2026, but going by his latest title match I wouldn't bet on him making it.

ponz111

JoseO I actually have a record for the longest winning streak and it is against human beings!--My record is more than 4400 games won in a row  without a loss or draw.  [However I have no way of knowing if someone has ever broken that record]