Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

What color is the sky?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #21

SandyJames

BTW, I could ask a similar question: We see the moon rise and set from our Earth. If you are on the Moon, then will you see Earth rise and set?

Wink

• 3 years ago · Quote · #22

guitarzan

backrankblues wrote:

BTW, I could ask a similar question: We see the moon rise and set from our Earth. If you are on the Moon, then will you see Earth rise and set?

I don't believe you would, because the same side of the moon is always facing the earth. That means either you could always see the earth if you were on the side facing the earth, or you could never see it if you were on the dark side of the moon Cool like Pink Floyd, who don't know whether or not the sky is blue, either. They can't even tell which is which and who is who Undecided.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #23

bigpoison

It's grey in the daytime and black at night.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #24

SandyJames

guitarzan wrote:
    backrankblues wrote:

I don't believe you would, because the same side of the moon is always facing the earth. That means either you could always see the earth if you were on the side facing the earth, or you could never see it if you were on the dark side of the moon like Pink Floyd, who don't know whether or not the sky is blue, either. They can't even tell which is which and who is who .

+1 Laughing

Nice!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #25

guitarzan

backrankblues wrote:
    guitarzan wrote:
    backrankblues wrote:

I don't believe you would, because the same side of the moon is always facing the earth. That means either you could always see the earth if you were on the side facing the earth, or you could never see it if you were on the dark side of the moon like Pink Floyd, who don't know whether or not the sky is blue, either. They can't even tell which is which and who is who .

+1 

Nice!

Thx, backrankblues! Glad someone got it!

Good question, btw.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #26

VULPES_VULPES

There is no colour in the expanse you call "sky". The blue is reflected by the methane in the atmosphere, the black is due to the absence of light at nighttime, the grey is due to the obstruction of light by clouds in the daytime, the other colours of the sky have their own reasons for their existance. Point: the sky is colourless.

End of argument.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #27

Robman6

Vulupes--

Thank You for attending to the painfully obvious

• 3 years ago · Quote · #28

sparapet1

.... I started this as a joke... You guys know that right?!?!

Lol

• 3 years ago · Quote · #29

Robman6

Hey Sky--what color are you?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #30

Conquistador

This is the chess.com forums.  We do not joke about matters like these and how Bongclouds are the best way to play chess.

• 11 months ago · Quote · #31

RobJust4fun

I agree that the sky is not blue

• 11 months ago · Quote · #32

goldendog

Communist.

• 11 months ago · Quote · #33

RobJust4fun

I hope you aren't calling me a communist goldendog!?

• 11 months ago · Quote · #34

goldendog

favorite color is red, I bet.

• 11 months ago · Quote · #35

TheGreatOogieBoogie

Actually the sky is a navyish at night technically Cool

This is an interesting topic because humans only have three types of cones (the eye's version of pixels) and the sky would look totally different to an animal with an ultraviolet or infrared cone.  Even those aren't just one color but probably have others broken up within those spectrums like how yellow, green, blue, etc., all fall under visible light. 

Post your reply: