Forums

What does it take to get to a 2000-2200 rated player? Really.

Sort:
SilentKnighte5

Please stop making me hate humanity.

SilentKnighte5

Being good at blindfold chess is a side effect of being a good chess player, it's not a way to improve your chess.

ijustdrank7monsters

Find the nucleus of every problem and work that to the core!! Cct, a!ways and always about central position, but doesn't mean u have to be in the center, just be aware of it. Don't read and be brainwashed by millions of overwritten texts. Be your own writer in your head. Nirvana once said i found my friends they are in my head. You need to learn by playing. Play chess, ply lots of gms. You can only learn by plying. Soon you will pick up on something new. Try to ply people better than you. Dont get disensitized by energy stupid vampires.

YuriAdamov

it takes time lol and lots of money i mean really lots of money,.,.! and i really mean it. thats why there is no point in doing it lol

Pulpofeira

I bet you know that's nonsense as well as I do, but I'm curious, why do you say it?

YuriAdamov

time is money...if you study chess 6 months every day you will get to 2000 but 6 months time is equal to more or less 15 000 euro.

Heretowinn

LOL it took me less than two months to reach 2000. It is easy but see how u will struggle for every 1 point after 2000!

Chase11eleven
Heretowinn wrote:

LOL it took me less than two months to reach 2000. It is easy but see how u will struggle for every 1 point after 2000!

... Don't patronize others. Also, 2000 in bullet is nothing spectacular. All that takes is a decent mouse, good internet connection, and knowing how to move fast and still maintain a basic understanding of chess strategy lol.

Konaek21aa

himothy

tygxc

Tactics & endgames.

Dogenstein

2000 To 2100 its pretty much the same, there is no diference between this players other than 100 elo points. 2200 is a diferent story. 2200 have alot more understanding on endgames. and tend to do less blunders. 

Furious146

It takes loading up stockfish and copying the moves lol

white-rat

Lots of great dialogue, interaction, and experiential knowledge in this thread....love it. There is something to be said about the innate ability––when it comes to brains, your body, or your spirit––you were born with when you came into existence. And I'm sure there are a LOT of people out there who could be good, or perhaps great, chess players, but they have no desire to play the game of chess. And like anything that requires "just doing it, over, and over, and over," there is nothing like practice to reach the level of proficiency you would like to attain.

I enjoy writing fiction and poetry, and the only thing that makes me better at the craft of writing is, well....writing. Writing a lot, AND reading a lot of good writers. Hence, it's good to review chess games by very good players to learn a lot about the "craft" of chess.

I think we are very fortunate today to have the biggest library in the world, the internet, at our fingers to learn about chess and use the amazing site Chess.com to play with folks from all over the world. When I was a kid, that was impossible. The main thing is that you really have to enjoy playing the game or you will become an angry old codger, and it won't be fun anymore. AND, respect your opponent, and congratulate them when they beat you. It's all really simple.

Doubleswest

Im pretty sure u need a coach or teacher that helps y.

Doubleswest

I just looked it up online. It says u can not become a gm without a coach. So yeah..

white-rat

Yep, I'm sure every grandmaster has had some good coaching. Maybe not in the movies, but in real life, for sure. Like someone else mentioned earlier, it really helps to start young.