Forums

what is the way of chess

Sort:
macer75
djd123 wrote:

The 15 hour meditation worked; I have now found the way of chess.

The 15 hour meditation part is only the beginning. Plz read the full post, and proceed to the next step.

djd123

Then You must dance around a chess board for 15 more hours.  This will give you valuable insight on the way of chess.  Now get a fountain and sit in front of it.  Hear the water and allow it to calm your mind.  Now it is time to invent a new opening.  After you have invented a new opening, post it on the chess.com forums saying you have invinted a new opening.  You may recieve some critism, but it is all worth it because afterwards...drum roll please...

Looks like I have to pull an all nighter.......

BhomasTrown
Lady-Jane wrote:

You must pray and meditate for 15 hours to seek inner peace and guidance from Caissa.  Then You must dance around a chess board for 15 more hours.  This will give you valuable insight on the way of chess.  

HOLY HOLY HOLY. 

BLESS YOU. 

SMesq

What is the sound of one pawn queening?

The four ways of knowing:
Perfection of action, observing knowing, universal knowing, and 'great mirror' knowing.

Relate these to the Eight Consciousnesses:
The five senses are connected to the perfection of action, Samjana (cognition) is connected to observing knowing, Manas (mind) is related to universal knowing, Alaya-vijnana is connected to great mirror knowing.

Hakuin related these four ways of knowing to four gates on the Buddhist path: the Gate of Inspiration, the Gate of Practice, the Gate of Awakening, and the Gate of Nirvana.

DrFrank124c

The way of chess is the sound of one hand clapping.

CrimsonKnight7

The ole, what is the way of chess master, question eh...Lol The way to mastery of chess is like a very Tall mountain grasshopper. Its summit reaches into the highest clouds, and its top is obscured from most mortal's view. It all starts with a single move. Good luck.

CrimsonKnight7

Here is another favorite of mine, To learn all that is good/best, a life time is too short, to learn all that is evil/bad an hour is too long. It applies to chess as well.

AngeloPardi

XKCD.com : Chess enlightenment

Chess Enlightenment

Ballofwhacks

No. Left.

Shivsky

Figuring out how that horsey really moves?

philtheking1981
djd123 wrote:

what is the way of chess

I've always thought that chess is a question. But what type of question? An open one or a closed one? A rhetorical, indirect or direct one? Or a combination of the lot maybe? Either way, it strikes me as important to ask the question of what question chess is, before we can find out the answer to that question. Those are my thoughts anyway, no matter how incoherent they may be...

TheBigDecline

You must beat Ivanov first in order to obtain the answer to this question.

djd123
TheBigDecline wrote:

Man... more work again?

TheBigDecline
djd123 wrote:
TheBigDecline wrote:

Man... more work again?

Don't complain, because Ivanov had to beat Houdini and Rybka by 10 times each before he found the answer!

http://en.chessbase.com/home/TabId/211/PostId/4008781

anpu3

I like the metaphor of love.  First, you become interested maybe even enchanted with chess.  Then the courtship begins.  Maybe things don't work out at first but you come back time & time again.  Or maybe, you fall in love with chess & consider getting married.  And even if you get married there is no guarantee that things will work out. 

That's life.  That's chess.

TeraHammer

squared, black and white.

djd123

I think I have finally found the way of chess on my own.....

Valen562

Study the game, work hard and crush the competition- that's the best way of doing chess :-)