Forums

What is the worst first move you coud make?

Sort:
ChessSlimShady

probaly f3

Irontiger

Hard quest, that many players apparently have pursued.

For Black, there is not much contestants to 1.e4 f5.

For White, hard to tell, but 1.a4 and 1.h4 both stand a better chance than 1.f3 in my view.

ChessSlimShady

okay i guess you are right

ChessSlimShady

yeah but at least you could sort of do fianchetto, with a little more space for black to attack

SJFG

1. g4 a very bold option for white.

ChessSlimShady

honestly it's kind of hard to say because my friend pushed every single one of their pawns up before moving any other pieces and beat someone with a higher rating

SJFG
ChessSlimShady wrote:

honestly it's kind of hard to say because my friend pushed every single one of their pawns up before moving any other pieces and beat someone with a higher rating

That's really only possible on low levels.  Above 1200 or so, I doubt it would happen.

Irontiger

Against me, a good player could get away with any first move as White without much trouble. It would need a very good player to get away with 1.e4 f5 as Black though.

shepi13
Whompo

Usually the best move is e4 or d4, but e4 can be worst against a better opponent considering scholars checkmate.

Dragonbice

1. g4 sure is horrible, but it still does something; that is, it "helps" develop a piece. My vote has to be on 1. h4. After 1... d5, which is such a lovely move anyway, you can't develop anything as a result of 1. h4. Besides, even if you manage to develop your rook it'll only get chased around anyway. AND you've wrecked your king side! ;)

TheBigDecline

1. h4.

(h3 is a different story altogether)

bertold
[COMMENT DELETED]
ekorbdal

Get married.

LightningBoltOfZeus

f3

bean_Fischer

I have make bad moves recently, really bad moves. It's because I am mentally low and cannot concentrate on chess. I hope I can pick myself up really soon.

TheBigDecline
bean_Fischer wrote:

I have make bad moves recently, really bad moves. It's because I am mentally low and cannot concentrate on chess. I hope I can pick myself up really soon.

Dude, I've been there. Whenever I can't concentrate and I notice that I'm hanging pieces left and right, I'm spending time on the forums. :)