Forums

What is your favorite chess quote?

Sort:
kleelof
Priteshrp87 wrote:

"The ability to play chess is a sign of a gentleman. The ability to play chess well is a sign of a wasted life."

You posted the same thing a year ago. Smile

bsharpchess

I don't think taking time to be successful at anything is A WASTED LIFE. Especially if you take time to teach someone else the joy of whatever (in our case, chess) the endeavor is. I've learned much about life by playing chess. I've seen my atitude change over the many losses, exhilerating wins, conversations with so many people from all countries and walks in life.

Just sayin'..........

carlsensmom

"I don't believe in psychology. I only believe in good moves."

~ Bobby Fischer

bsharpchess
carlsensmom wrote:

"I don't believe in psychology. I only believe in good moves."

~ Bobby Fischer

Thanks for that quote...............great quote!!!

bsharpchess

thanks for sharing......I didn't notice, before, that it was from Kobe Bryant!! Good to know that someone with his physical skills also likes chess!!

bsharpchess
greenfreeze wrote:

that's funny.......don't know why it took me 11 months to notice it.....shame on me~!!! Is there a way to copy & paste maybe?) that to my e-mail so I could forward it to some of my chess-playing buddies?
winerkleiner

Can my favorite chess quote be one from me?

Nekhemevich
One day I give my opponent a lesson, the next day he gives me one.
johnpaul799

Chess is mightier than sword.

Karpark
The Hypermodern great Gyula Breyer on 1. e4 in a game he was annotating - "and white's position is in its last throes".
siddhantx

i am playing ruy lopez from many years but not once in my life i had to face the marshall attack : ANATOLY KARPOV