Forums

What Records or Achievements Have You Done in Chess or nonChess?

Sort:
RhythmOfTheKnight0021

As of this year I have an equal score against a 2300 out of 7 games (+2 =3 -2)

ponz111

Just   you played one person 7 games?

j_rankin

I scored 1st place in a washer pitch contest in 4th grade. That's pretty much been my most notable achievement.

zborg

4th place in the C Class for the New York Open Chess Tournament, (many years ago).  Won $500.

4th place in the NCAA Judo Championships (205 lb class), (many years ago).  Nota bene, 4th place was the "door prize, " as the first 3 finishers were offered a place on US Olympic Team.  grin.png

ponz111

I had a long period of extreme depression.  It is over now and I am back playing the card game"duplicate bridge" where I get to play in tournaments with thousands of players,  My results are

beyond anything in the past including:

1st place out of more than 2300 players

2nd place out of more than  4100 players

2nd place out of more than 3800 players. 

several 3rd place results out of more than 4000 players

And many  similar results,  I can remember every single card  played and my playing the hands is very good,  

The two toughest and most difficult card games are poker [which I love] and duplicate bridge.  tongue.pngwink.png

st0ckfish

Chess related: Sustaining the title "World's Biggest Patzer" for my entire chess career

Non Chess related: None so far!

ponz111

In these duplicate bridge [duplicate bridge is a complicated card game] tournaments I have improved and added to my records

1st place out of 1934 players

1st place out of 2146 players

1st place out of 2374 players

1st place out of  2705 players

1st place out of 3265  players

1st place out of 3681  players

and a string of 2nd places and 3rd places and 4th places out of thousands of players. Some of these players are world class players.

Lc0_1

Does this count?

Found 247 4-leaf clovers in a day. Didn't break the record (officially), did it at a summer camp. It's too expensive to do these things, applying to break records require the time and money I usually don't have.

(the record was 166 for anyone wondering.)

Asparagusic_acids
1_a31-0 wrote:

Chess related: Sustaining the title "World's Biggest Patzer" for my entire chess career

Non Chess related: None so far!

Not anymore, I am the new record holder for worst chess player!

ponz111

4 leaf clover record was interesting!

ponz111

I started playing on a vote chess team.  We have now won 52 games in a row without loss or draw. We have a super strong team.  We play only teams with good records. 

ponz111

I live in an apartment with 3 beautiful ladies, [maybe not a record except it is a record for me] wink.png

Ziryab
ponz111 wrote:

I live in an apartment with 3 beautiful ladies, [maybe not a record except it is a record for me]

Reminds me of a book that I read about 1991: Donald Barthelme, Paradise.

blueemu

Chess :

Draw with Tal in a simultaneous exhibition at the World Chess Festival in 1988.

Represented the Atlantic Provinces in the Canadian Junior when I was a teenager.

Won the Atlantic Open in 1973 and the Atlantic Closed in 1981.

Non-Chess:

Shared film credits with Phyllis Diller, Kiefer Sutherland, Peter O'Toole, Meghan Followes, Leslie Nielsen and others.

ponz111

Played blindfold chess at age of 11.

At age 17 traveled by train and sea plane to Alaska before it was a state.  Helped build a church there [though I am not religious.] Maybe the only child/teen to play postal chess from Alaska before it was a state?

alpha_zer000

I am former IMO international Rank 1

ponz111

I live in an apartment with 4 females  3 are ages 25   28 and 35. tongue.png