Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

What site do the Hardcore OTB tourny Players Play ?

• 24 months ago · Quote · #1

mateologist

Well at a USCF tourny down here in Florida after an informal poll  we have a WINNER :

A. Chess.com

B. ICC

C. Chesscube

D.None of the Above

Disclaimer: I assume no responsability for this Post !!

Laughing           

• 24 months ago · Quote · #2

Conflagration_Planet

B.

• 24 months ago · Quote · #3

heinzie

What constitutes a hardcore otb tourny player? I guess the outcome of your poll depends on that to a large extent

• 24 months ago · Quote · #4

Kingpatzer

around here, ICC.

And for hardcore players - the ability to have your games saved directly into a PGN file on your computer is a HUGE bonus to sites like ICC and FICS.

• 24 months ago · Quote · #5

bobbyDK

why is it ok to say ICC? even GM Lenderman mention in one of of his videos you have to see a better video on ICC, shouldn't chess.com be the only site I need?
    Is icc not a competing site?

• 24 months ago · Quote · #6

heinzie

No, ICC is also American, so it's not a competing site.

• 24 months ago · Quote · #7

mateologist

Kingpatzer wrote:

around here, ICC.

And for hardcore players - the ability to have your games saved directly into a PGN file on your computer is a HUGE bonus to sites like ICC and FICS.

BINGO !! People who dedicate themselves to OTB competition Chess that was really the ONLY site brought up by those folks experts and class players alike. But  of course when asked most enjoy playing  on Chess.com calling it a Fun place to play with GOOD competition. I played at ICC  for about 6 months seems there are no bells and no whistles it is designed for people who play like there is MONEY on the table !  Cool

• 24 months ago · Quote · #8

Kingpatzer

Shadowknight911 have you tried the 45/45 and 90/30 leagues on ICC?

• 24 months ago · Quote · #9

Kingpatzer

bobbyDK wrote:

why is it ok to say ICC? even GM Lenderman mention in one of of his videos you have to see a better video on ICC, shouldn't chess.com be the only site I need?

ICC is a chess site, but they really aren't competing for the same market as chess.com. Chess.com is, from all I see here, really about building a community. It's the facebook of the English speaking chess world. ICC is about providing a practice/play environment and some GM videos.

ICC is not nearly as concerned about community as chess.com is, and chess.com isn't really nearly as concerned about the fine points of on-line play like ICC is.

• 24 months ago · Quote · #10

hicetnunc

For long games, it's ICC

• 24 months ago · Quote · #11

mateologist

Kingpatzer wrote:
    bobbyDK wrote:

ICC is a chess site, but they really aren't competing for the same market as chess.com. Chess.com is, from all I see here, really about building a community. It's the facebook of the English speaking chess world. ICC is about providing a practice/play environment and some GM videos.

ICC is not nearly as concerned about community as chess.com is, and chess.com isn't really nearly as concerned about the fine points of on-line play like ICC is.

Definately on Point !! They will never command the membership of Chess.com   because this site appeals to a much broader chess playing public for which it was designed. Numbers tell the story this is the BEST chess site on the WEB, of course we love this site. But  for that competitive edge for people who don't just play for enjoyment  ICC has a niche'  in the market.  

• 24 months ago · Quote · #12

cookiemonster161140

If pretty much all you want to do is play chess against the strongest players on the planet, with the best interface, low lag, and a very effective anti-cheating detection program ICC has the advantage (except maybe for price-there is no "free option" on ICC after your trial period is up). 

Chess.com is more like facebook, sure you can play chess here but there's lots of other activities going on too.

Just depends on what's important to you. Chess, or social media.  

Post your reply: