Forums

what the .....

Sort:
roManak47

http://www.chess.com/livechess/game.html?id=261689517 excuse me if this is not the right forum for this but i am not even sorry, nor do i care about the fact that i've lost this game..

ok move 42 thru 43... and this is NOT the first time it happened, i got confused by the fact soo much that i ran out of time.. fix this please, this just has ruined my buzz...

AlCzervik

The fix is for you to read the rules. This is called en passant.

roManak47

ok i am sorry, no offense meant, does en passant means ur crappily positioned pawn can just do insane rediculous stuff.. who needs the queen when you can knock a pawn to the left of ya AND get a free move forward where it wasnt even placed??? what is the point thats just dump

roManak47

off to read the rules

AndyClifton

"En pa-what?  Oh damn, I am outta here..."

roManak47

omg how did i not know this.. you can delete this post if you like. thanks for all the help

goldendog

Even if it is a rule, fix it.

roManak47

LOL are u making fun of me?? i have glucoma

roManak47
goldendog wrote:

Even if it is a rule, fix it.

amen

waffllemaster

roManak47

thats just too funny!

AndyClifton
roManak47 wrote:

LOL are u making fun of me?? i have glucoma

Then you should stop using glue.

AndyClifton

One guy wanted to switch off the en passant "feature" because he didn't like it...still one of my alltime favorite posts. Smile

thesugarfree007

"en passant" was actually created to reward attacking players. it used to be that the first move of a pawn could ONLY be one square forward (unlike the two, now). with the advent of the two moves forward, attacking chess was encouraged. however, that could mean that an attacking player could over extend his pieces and then be in trouble by allowing a pawn to simply pass it without being challenged. Thus, the "en passant" which is French for "in passing."

hope this helps in explaining why the "en passant" is.

Twobit

Yeah, en crapsant took another soul here.

waffllemaster

AndyClifton

er...I think en passant was actually more created to "reward" positional players, but anyway...

AndyClifton

One of the geniuses of en passant:

roManak47
thesugarfree007 wrote:

"en passant" was actually created to reward attacking players. it used to be that the first move of a pawn could ONLY be one square forward (unlike the two, now). with the advent of the two moves forward, attacking chess was encouraged. however, that could mean that an attacking player could over extend his pieces and then be in trouble by allowing a pawn to simply pass it without being challenged. Thus, the "en passant" which is French for "in passing."

hope this helps in explaining why the "en passant" is.

i no longer like french is how u helped me! not even the tower! ima put a pawn next to it, and en passant that bi..

King_of_pawns

also, in order to take passed pawn, you have to do it in next move, after that, no go.