Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Who is the best chess player in the world?


  • 20 months ago · Quote · #101

    Doggy_Style

    I vote for Stevie65.... he's chess royalty and no mistake.

  • 20 months ago · Quote · #102

    pastakinglegend

    Steve you are very popular, you might win!!! So far seeing who people have voted for, I am surprised that there are no votes for gollum

  • 20 months ago · Quote · #103

    Bubkus

    There is a guy in my town ,Roy Henderson ,he is totally crap at chess but is the best darts player I have ever seen

  • 20 months ago · Quote · #104

    mvtjc

    capablanca :D

  • 20 months ago · Quote · #105

    kiwichesskiwi

    This pretty much says it better than anyone here ever can.

    Sorry if it has been mentioned somewhere in this very long and popular forum.

    "Chess Oscar is an international award given to the best chess player every year. The winner is selected by a poll of chess experts across the world, including Grandmasters." 

    It's Carlsen 2009, 2010, 2011 and no reason to think it wont be 2012 also.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chess_Oscar

  • 20 months ago · Quote · #106

    FirebrandX

    kiwichesskiwi wrote:

    This pretty much says it better than anyone here ever can.

    Sorry if it has been mentioned somewhere in this very long and popular forum.

    "Chess Oscar is an international award given to the best chess player every year. The winner is selected by a poll of chess experts across the world, including Grandmasters." 

    It's Carlsen 2009, 2010, 2011 and no reason to think it wont be 2012 also.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chess_Oscar

    Which means Kasparov wins currently with 11 awards.

  • 20 months ago · Quote · #107

    kiwichesskiwi

    Yes only that's if you make the assumption that  the question implies "living best player" and not "current best player".  I would think that since we are talking about living players, sense would suggest we also mean current best player. I am a great Kasparov fan but, if Carlsen and Kasparov were to play today.  Who would win?  I think that is actual and the most pertinent question.  Who is the world's current best player if they played today!!  That should be the title of this forum. It's Carlsen.

  • 20 months ago · Quote · #108

    FirebrandX

    Obviously Carlsen is the current best player. In terms of ever, Kasparov has the most votes.

  • 20 months ago · Quote · #109

    SmyslovFan

    Great. A discussion of  the meaning of the word "is". Didn't we do that before?

  • 20 months ago · Quote · #110

    ilikecapablanca

    Pfft!

  • 20 months ago · Quote · #111

    Estragon

    kiwichesskiwi wrote:

    Yes only that's if you make the assumption that  the question implies "living best player" and not "current best player".  I would think that since we are talking about living players, sense would suggest we also mean current best player. I am a great Kasparov fan but, if Carlsen and Kasparov were to play today.  Who would win?  I think that is actual and the most pertinent question.  Who is the world's current best player if they played today!!  That should be the title of this forum. It's Carlsen.

    If they played today, certainly Carlsen.  But Kasparov is still young enough to regain his sharpness by playing a few tournaments over a year or two.  Then, it would be interesting for a number of years, but I expect Carlsen would surpass him at some early point.

  • 20 months ago · Quote · #112

    royalbishop

    Estragon wrote:
    kiwichesskiwi wrote:

    Yes only that's if you make the assumption that  the question implies "living best player" and not "current best player".  I would think that since we are talking about living players, sense would suggest we also mean current best player. I am a great Kasparov fan but, if Carlsen and Kasparov were to play today.  Who would win?  I think that is actual and the most pertinent question.  Who is the world's current best player if they played today!!  That should be the title of this forum. It's Carlsen.

    If they played today, certainly Carlsen.  But Kasparov is still young enough to regain his sharpness by playing a few tournaments over a year or two.  Then, it would be interesting for a number of years, but I expect Carlsen would surpass him at some early point.


    This is the same as another forum a months ago and your words are almost exactly word for word as my friend said a month ago. nice try.

  • 20 months ago · Quote · #113

    royalbishop

    Estragon list your references when you leave comments.

  • 20 months ago · Quote · #114

    Estragon

    royalbishop wrote:

    Estragon list your references when you leave comments.

    Ariel Mengarini would vouch for me, but unfortunately he is currently deceased.  Or were you asking for credit references?

  • 20 months ago · Quote · #115

    royalbishop

    Estragon wrote:
    royalbishop wrote:

    Estragon list your references when you leave comments.

    Ariel Mengarini would vouch for me, but unfortunately he is currently deceased.  Or were you asking for credit references?


    Now i know to only take cash from you and not credit.

    I heard those almost exact words about a week ago.

  • 20 months ago · Quote · #116

    Estragon

    royalbishop wrote:
    Estragon wrote:
    royalbishop wrote:

    Estragon list your references when you leave comments.

    Ariel Mengarini would vouch for me, but unfortunately he is currently deceased.  Or were you asking for credit references?


    Now i know to only take cash from you and not credit.

    I heard those almost exact words about a week ago.

    Did the voices give you any stock tips?

  • 20 months ago · Quote · #117

    royalbishop

    Best player?  More like most popular player be honest. That is who would win. Then to defend your choice by some stats.

  • 20 months ago · Quote · #118

    InfiniteFlash

    The chess world is in chaos, when anand has only won 4 professionally rated games in the past 365 days.

  • 20 months ago · Quote · #119

    royalbishop

    I hope he wins 0 in the next 800 days. Nothing against him just his loyal supporters. They need to be brought down a notch or 2.

  • 20 months ago · Quote · #120

    royalbishop

    So do I ! lol


Back to Top

Post your reply: