Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Who is world's best chess player?


  • 4 years ago · Quote · #1

    djebah

    h

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #2

    djebah

    Anand has been described by Lubomir Kavalek as the most versatile world champion ever, since Anand is the only player to have won the world chess championships in many formats including Knockout, Tournament, Match, Rapid and Blitz.

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #3

    N2UHC

    I am the best chess player in my house.

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #4

    Rogalentis

    djebah wrote:

    Anand has been described by Lubomir Kavalek as the most versatile world champion ever, since Anand is the only player to have won the world chess championships in many formats including Knockout, Tournament, Match, Rapid and Blitz.


    Ctrl C Ctrl V from Wiki

    --------

    Garrry Kasparov

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #5

    Gambitknight

    Gotta go with Anand

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #6

    N2UHC

    get_lost wrote:
    N2UHC wrote:

    I am the best chess player in my house.


    So am I


    At least it's a place to start.  My wife is just learning how to play and my son is only 1 year old.  But I hope to teach them both everything I know about chess, which shouldn't take more than about 15 minutes.

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #7

    Conquistador

    I see the topic at hand has been answered.  Moving on...

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #8

    djebah

    Anand is current champ...but who do you think is best ever chess player? To me i will say Murphy(the uncrowned world chess champ).lol

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #9

    WilsonYiuWahWong

    djebah wrote:

    Anand is current champ...but who do you think is best ever chess player? To me i will say Murphy(the uncrowned world chess champ).lol


    The old masters lack the strong positional understanding of the Chess players of the 21st century. Carlsen is is the most versatile player, playing absolutely everything including the KGA. I don't think Anand has tried that and Carlsen can play the slow positional struggles with the likes of Anand and Kramnik. The man is also on top of the ratings list at the moment and he has youth on his side.

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #10

    Ladycharmed1990

    Botvinnik must be the best player. he beat all the best player at the time and was world champ for many years. then he trained 2 of the best young players of there days . Karpov and Kasparov its sad because a lot of young people just look at todays players. Anand is good but as got to go a long way in chess before he is called a great.also Kramnik.Topalov. andthe young Dane will also be there. we will see in the next year or two who comes out on top

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #11

    PrawnEatsPrawn

    The question is posed in the present tense i.e. "is". Botvinnik has passed on, so fails to qualify.

     

    Anand seems to be the best at the moment, very difficult to beat in tournaments and untouchable in match-play.

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #12

    Ladycharmed1990

    the dane will be the best give him a year.

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #13

    PrawnEatsPrawn

    Ladycharmed1990 wrote:

    the dane will be the best give him a year.


    Agreed, Carlsen is the future but one year won't be enough.... he backed out of the current candidates cycle, so will have to wait a few years to get a crack at the title.

     

    p.s. Maybe we're talking about different people... Carlsen is Norwegian.

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #14

    PrawnEatsPrawn

    get_lost wrote:

    Kasparov


    Oi! stop using my avatar!

     

    Imposter!

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #15

    Paul-Dyba

    Ladycharmed1990 wrote:

    Botvinnik must be the best player. he beat all the best player at the time and was world champ for many years. then he trained 2 of the best young players of there days . Karpov and Kasparov its sad because a lot of young people just look at todays players. Anand is good but as got to go a long way in chess before he is called a great.also Kramnik.Topalov. andthe young Dane will also be there. we will see in the next year or two who comes out on top


  • 4 years ago · Quote · #16

    Paul-Dyba

    Ladycharmed1990, who is the young Dane?

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #17

    blakeyboy30

    Magnus Carlsen

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #18

    blakeyboy30

    [COMMENT DELETED]

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #19

    SimonSeirup

    Of course Anand, since he's the World Champion.

  • 4 years ago · Quote · #20

    PrawnEatsPrawn

    NN28 wrote:

    nope,it's Toppalove


    The affectionate Bulgarian?


Back to Top

Post your reply: