Forums

Who will win the 2013 world championship? Anand or Carlsen?

Sort:
Ziryab
r_k_ting wrote:

Shame. Silvio Danailov would have made it happen...

In the last game, Anand had a position that Danailov had once in 1986.

Ziryab

I was rooting for Anand, even today. Nonetheless, I found Carlsen's play exciting, instructive, and worthy of efforts to emulate.

I'm really gonna have to work on my endgame for the last part. Tongue Out

varelse1

FirebrandX wrote:

In a few of the chess circles I haunt, I was one of the only people predicting Carlsen would win in regulation convincingly. Hopefully this will put to rest any doubts about his ability to play matches just as well as tournaments.

Those same folks (the older ones) were probably predicting Spassky to win in 72 as well.

macer75

I predict Anand.

varelse1

macer75 wrote:

I predict Anand.

But I wanted Anand!!!

Fine, I'll take Magnus.

macer75
varelse1 wrote:

macer75 wrote:

I predict Anand.

But I wanted Anand!!!

Fine, I'll take Magnus.

Great! So when will the championship start?

nameno1had

I think Magnus will this championship match... oh, yeah, I already stated that....Cool

Elubas

And to think back in April, it was starting to seem like Magnus might not even play in the championship! Magnus's landing in the pool was a nice culmination to see :)

strngdrvnthng

Elubas wrote:

Congrats to Carlsen -- he won comfortably. I felt that ultimately Carlsen did not take this for granted, and just played the style he's always been so successful with, and it worked seamlessly. There were a lot of indicators that Carlsen was the favorite in this match, but now that he's actually won it and with a +3 margin he indisputably has a very special place in the chess world.

+ 1.

HarshaPolavaram

carlsen wins

ConnorMacleod_151

*yawn*

ConnorMacleod_151