Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Why does everyone talk English???


  • 2 years ago · Quote · #101

    royalbishop

    AndyClifton said he coming!  lol

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #102

    latvianlover

    Bicarbonatofsoda wrote:

    lol

    remember that scene in that Stallone-Snipes film where Stallone speaks irish to get some toilet paper ?

    He doesn't know how to use the three stones.

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #103

    latvianlover

    JaneBellamy wrote:

    Hey, I know it's completely off topic, but what would be the probability that if I type some random sequence of letters, it will have some meaning in English?

    Close to zero, because only 5 vowels (about 20% of the letters) are used almost 40% of the time

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #104

    royalbishop

    Grunting worked before .....

    Hit the woman on her head and take her home.

    If we talked french we never get what we wanted anyway. Or is that...

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #105

    grandbrother

    some made sentences will make meaning if any out of the thousands of languages that exist or extinct to date.

    a respectable gimmicky pluff will be taken otherwise 

    so careful when making sentenceTongue Out

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #106

    C-nack

    Because it's the language of the Internet.

    Because in most of the cases it's the first foreign language you learn in school.

    Because there are over 360 millions native speakers.

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #107

    royalbishop

     Tic, tac toe. Good sentence?

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #108

    Shippen

    Not all in english. For instance I am a member of a group for Paul Morphy and they are speaking all sorts of languages.

    http://www.chess.com/groups/home/paul-morphy-lovers

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #109

    cartmankyle

    Harro Prease,

    Tired and sick of everyone talk a Engrish? Feer so ronery and arone? Be no good at a Engrish? Feer rike you bring much dishonour of famiry name? Then I suggest immediate death by Seppuku. I have sword, much sharp, good for Seppuku. You want borrow?

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #110

    Scottrf

    cartmankyle wrote:

    Harro Prease,

    Tired and sick of everyone talk a Engrish? Feer so ronery and arone? Be no good at a Engrish? Feer rike you bring much dishonour of famiry name? Then I suggest immediate death by Seppuku. I have sword, much sharp, good for Seppuku. You want borrow?

    Laughing

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #111

    Conquistador

    Sumerian language only please.

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #112

    ivandh

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #113

    JadedPawn

    Jag tänker skriva på svenska framöver. :)

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #114

    royalbishop

    Good one - It means Happy New Year.

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #115

    chessmaster102

    Estragon wrote:
    chessmaster102 wrote:
    Estragon wrote:
     

    Why isn't the forum in Mandarin, then?

     

    cause chess.coms owner speaks primarily english. As for why its most spoken look it up it should be obvious since china holds more people than america and all other primary english speaking countries.

     

    China holds more people, but not all of them speak Mandarin.  More people around the world are conversant in English than are conversant in Mandarin, especially among chessplayers.

    Its there primary language so yes ALL of them do. That may not be the only language but it is the norm over there

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #116

    chessmaster102

    Cnacnel wrote:

    Because it's the language of the Internet.

    Because in most of the cases it's the first foreign language you learn in school.

    Because there are over 360 millions native speakers.

    yep the guy who made the internet speaks primarily english to.

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #117

    grandbrother

    nature has once some one learns to speak English after their mother tongue that many of us don't bother to learn a third language!

     

    LET ME TAKE THE OCCASSION THAT I HAVE A DESIRE TO JOIN A TEAM THAT TEACHES A LANGUAGE OTHER THAN ENGLISH ESPECIALLY GREETING PHRASES PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU CAN OFFER THIS! :0-)

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #118

    JadedPawn

    Gott Nytt År!!

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #119

    royalbishop

    When you tell a joke in sounds better when you say in English.

    Even slang words sound better in English.

    Talking English in English leads to longer conversations.

    The Blues sound better in English.

  • 2 years ago · Quote · #120

    royalbishop

    Hey if you can get your Mother in Law to nag you another language than English their will be no need for any Ear Device or to turn up the Music.


Back to Top

Post your reply: