Forums

WHY SHES HOT!!

Sort:
firestare500

i have a put forth a question to all the males of chess.com(and females if you like) This is a totaly random question having to do nothing with chessthat my cousin told me in the days when online chess was popularCool here it is:

IS A COOL CHICK HOT OR A HOT CHICK COOL?

i would like to see your opinions about this      (chick=girl)

BirdBrain

Sounds like an advertisement for IcyHot! 

firestare500

LOL, but really, what do you think?

Rael

Is a cool chick hot, or a hot chick cool?
Whether tis nobler in the mind to ponder
matters more related to chess, or general
chess discussion, or to take arm against
a sea of silly threads, and by answering, end them...?

AFCaf

I'd have to say that those are two factors totally independent of eachother. It's like asking "is a fast car red or a red car fast?".

-Erik

sakura22

I think that a cool chick is hot lol hahahahahahahahhahaha ♥

firestare500

well, i think it depends on how many women you know, and what they are like.

BirdBrain

A cool chick is someone who is socially acceptable and who people want to be around.  Her attitude can make her "hot", or smile.  Not a rule of thumb, but can be true.

A hot chick can be cool - a beautiful girl can be popular...

firestare500

yes, thats what i was thinking

anymore opinions?

TheGrobe

Many a game I've had to ask myself:

b2 or not b2?

Duffer1965

TheGrobe wrote:

Many a game I've had to ask myself:

b2 or not b2?

A play on words worthy of the the Bard himself. Hats off to you, sir.

TheGrobe

Oh, and hotness is fleeting, but coolness lasts forever.

I'll take cool every time (although I've somehow managed to get myself a package deal).

firestare500

lol i would rather have a cool chick

Rael

.............................................Now I am alone
O, what a rogue and peasant slave am I!
Is it not monstrous that this player here,
But in a forum, in a post of passion,
Could ask a question pertaining to the heat
or coolness of women, and all for nothing!

mandelshtam

firestare500 wrote:

i have a put forth a question to all the males of chess.com(and females if you like) This is a totaly random question having to do nothing with chessthat my cousin told me in the days when online chess was popular here it is:

Sounds like one of the silly intelligence tests that Micktitan proposed to us...

But, seriously. The question is funny, because of the contradictions in modern language and slang.

Let#s start with the easy part...

1) 'hot' means sexually attractive, sure.

2) When I was young, nobody used the word 'cool' yet (I am 52). Later my daughter taught me  that 'cool' is a synonyme for 'exciting', of course a certain form of excitement, which is difficult to put in words..., but definitely, a part of it is, that you usually don't show your excitement (not showing your excitement is then very 'cool'...).

As if this not yet confusing enough, years later I saw a nice postcard with a cartoon, showing a schoolboy, with overweight, and glasses, saying:

'Don't you know that all of a sudden it's is cool to be uncool? '

Now, baring in mind our intuitive understanding of the word  'cool' (the above  remarks should give a headache to linguists), I suppose that a cool girl is not necessarily  hot  (she could be ugly ,  but on the other hand, sharp and witty).

And a hot girl is cool  (because many men get excited).

Actually,
the questiion is a little unfair, since we are supposed to say yes to one of the alternatives.

But many girls (also some men) don't find a hot girl necessarily cool...

firestare500

mandelshtam wrote:

firestare500 wrote:

i have a put forth a question to all the males of chess.com(and females if you like) This is a totaly random question having to do nothing with chessthat my cousin told me in the days when online chess was popular here it is:

Sounds like one of the silly intelligence tests that Micktitan proposed to us...

But, seriously. The question is funny, because of the contradictions in modern language and slang.

Let#s start with the easy part...

1) 'hot' means sexually attractive, sure.

2) When I was young, nobody used the word 'cool' yet (I am 52). Later my daughter taught me  that 'cool' is a synonyme for 'exciting', of course a certain form of excitement, which is difficult to put in words..., but definitely, a part of it is, that you usually don't show your excitement (not showing your excitement is then very 'cool'...).

As if this not yet confusing enough, years later I saw a nice postcard with a cartoon, showing a schoolboy, with overweight, and glasses, saying:

'Don't you know that all of a sudden it's is cool to be uncool? '

Now, baring in mind our intuitive understanding of the word  'cool' (the above  remarks should give a headache to linguists), I suppose that a cool girl is not necessarily  hot  (she could be ugly ,  but on the other hand, sharp and witty).

And a hot girl is cool  (because many men get excited).

Actually,
the questiion is a little unfair, since we are supposed to say yes to one of the alternatives.

But many girls (also some men) don't find a hot girl necessarily cool...

yes, tahts the whole point to the question. It test your brain to what you find more appealing in a girl, being hot or cool, and then testing how you would explain it :-)

firestare500

any other opinions?

TheGrobe

Thought I'd compose a little something....

b2 or not b2.  That is the question:

Integrand

Let X be a chick in the world of all chicks.
Hotness is subjective, coolness is not; hence  we have the axiom:
Axiom 1: "Every cool chick is hot."
The contrary is not always true,
for suppsoe the contrary, then;
every hot chick is cool,
Consider the counter example (pick one, mine is Paris Hilton)
and so we have a contradiction, i.e. our assumption is false.
In summary, ''hot'' is a necessary condition for ''cool'', but ''hot'' is not a sufficient condition for ''cool''.

firestare500

nice thinking. . .