Forums

Will chess ever be exciting to watch as football?

Sort:
winerkleiner

Football pays very well!

macer75
bobbyDK wrote:

try watching MLS and you will see that soccer is just as entertaining as everything else.

you cannot compare sport.

MLS probably isn't the best example. Try EPL, La Liga or Serie A.

Blastoise253

CHESS IS BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pdela
Blastoise253 wrote:

CHESS IS BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

usually people saying chess is better don't give any reason, by the way they need to reread the title of the thread. Stating that is "better" is a dubious claim. What does it means? Title is more specific, we are commenting what's more entertained. This is something subjective, but if we put in a balance the weight of the people thinking Football and in the other the weight of the people thinking Chess...

PiggiesOn7

I think what most people are totally missing is that the majority of chess players would not really have much of a clue what is being acted out right in front of them.  So, you would need a grandmaster providing color commentary and even then, live, would the commentator understand the intent of each move and what it is leading up to?  What percentage of chess players could look at moves in the middle game and realize what effect they will ultimately have on the end game?  I know I am just a casual player but still, if games were going to be televised or broadcast on internet, I would be the target audience.  I mean, there are only so many masters in the world and who is going to invest anything to bring a live event to the miniscule community that has the capability of understanding world championship level play?

apostolis1

Chess is exciting, specially in blitz and bullet games !! Check this video !!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxbMzZ5a2Zg

mattyf9

lol please.  Chess more exciting than football?  There's way too many nerds on here.  Chess isn't even on tv.  ESPN plays the spelling bee before they broadcast chess.  

pdela
TheARBChessSystem wrote:

STUPID QUESTION!! 

People that watch Football know what to Expect! as far as being Exciting!

People that watch Chess know what to Expect! as far as being Exciting!

Chess & Football is Appreciated by the People that understand Why!?

A.R.B

if you don't like stupid questions, you had arrived to the most appropiated place dude Foot in Mouth

pdela

this guy's idiot haha

DrSpudnik
mattyf9 wrote:

lol please.  Chess more exciting than football?  There's way too many nerds on here.  Chess isn't even on tv.  ESPN plays the spelling bee before they broadcast chess.  

Hey, some of those kids can spell!

AlCzervik

I would bet that in a large majority of the instances, the kids can spell better than the NFL players (even though many of them are "college educated").

winerkleiner
mattyf9 wrote:

They would even show The Art of Paint Drying before they broadcast chess!

DrSpudnik

And they make more money than I ever will, no matter how well I spell! Cry

Blastoise253

It is more entertaining and quicker

macer75
SupremeOverlord wrote:

I don't have an opinion on this subject.

Then why did u post?

winerkleiner

I suppose because it's more exciting than chess to post.

hisboyelroy

I think if you liked that "kick Six" ending to Alabama-Auburn, maybe you would like my chess games where I'm always on the receiving end of stuff like that.