Forums

World Youth Results after Round 3

Sort:
JMB2010

I'm 99.99 percent sure. Of course, he'll actually have to confirm it before I'm sure.

Scottrf

I had a feeling he's 12, but is in the under 12 category.

JMB2010

Under 12 really means 11 and 12, Under 10 means 10 and 9, etc.

JMB2010

So he probably is 12

Conflagration_Planet
Scottrf wrote:

I had a feeling he's 12, but is in the under 12 category.

As long as he was under 12 on Jan 1, 2012, he can play in the U12 category.

Scottrf

I wasn't saying he was in the wrong category, Timothy asked if he was less than 12 years old.

Conflagration_Planet
Scottrf wrote:

I wasn't saying he was in the wrong category, Timothy asked if he was less than 12 years old.

I didn't say you did. Is Kacparov in this one.

Scottrf

Thanks for the update, good luck with the rest.

JMB2010

Is it like, 1 in the morning over there?

piphilologist

Slovenia=GMT+1.

now it is- 2 a.m. in Slovenia, 1 a.m. in the UK, 8 p.m. Eastern USA, 5 p.m. Western USA.

MSC157

Yup, true. 15:47 now :)

johnyoudell

Setbacks are hard to take, Shadowknight.

But you can grow from them.

One lesson which I suspect you might be able to take from this one is that in a lengthy tournament you need to manage your emotional state of mind. The bigger the event the more this is true. The very best take each game as it comes and it just does not matter whether the game before was a triumph or a disaster. Tough to do.

Anyway I hope you gained from the experience. Put on a good show for your mum and dad. If you think you have learned stuff from the experience, tell them about what you have learned. They will be hoping you aren't too disappointed.

Good luck for what remains of the trip. :)

MSC157

Oh...:/ Just don't give up!

JMB2010

You aren't tied for last place :-) I only do the USA players because, well, I don't have 7 hours to do all the countries and I live in the USA. Keep in mind that you are ahead of many players from other countries, and that you can still make an even score.

JMB2010

http://www.chess.com/forum/view/general/scenarios-for-under-12-open-in-world-youth Interesting article about Cameron's chances for the gold (he is in sole first place now in U 12 Open.

JMB2010

I read a brief article on how the world youth tiebreaks work, and this is what I could see by my calculations:remember,these aren't final yet,so I'm not 100 percent positive

Under 8 Open-Christopher Shen wins bronze, with 8.5/11!

Under 12 Open-Samuel Sevian and Cameron Wheeler are each part of a 4 way tie for the gold! From what I can tell,because Samuel defeated Cameron in an earlier round,and head to head is the first tiebreak,if it comes down to these 2,Samuel gets it. However,if it doesn't come down to head to head and instead goes to Buchholz cut (Buchholz but dropping the 2 lowest scores of your opponents),anything could happen. It's too early here!

Under 14 Open:Kayden Troff wins gold! Kayden was a point behind his opponent going into the last round,but he won,and since head-to-head is the first tiebreak,he wins the gold!

Of course,there were so many other brilliant showings,but I only stuck to the medals (or potential ones)for now.