Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Would Anyone Like To Opening Train With Me ?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #1

ChristianSoldier007

Hello! I am trying to practice various openings, so I can get familiar with the positions that arise and develop my rep. I cannot do this just by going into live chess, because most players there dont have good opening knowledge. If anyone is interested in playing some unrated online games against me challenge me! I'm particulary interested in the Queen's Gambit and Ruy Lopez. Thanks!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #2

viche83

Join my Tournaments, soon a Ruy Lopez as well as a Queens Gambit Tournament I direct will start.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #3

ChristianSoldier007

i have tried that Viva, but unfortunately even in thematics people joined who don't play "normal". It's not that I can't play against this as well, but I'm trying to advance my game and I need to practice opening positions better

• 3 years ago · Quote · #4

rettadrennen

I would , but I know only the one or two that I play and don't know the names . My son said he would play .His name is johnnycollins . His rating is under 1000 so I guess he will have to challenge you . Does he do it the same way ?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #5

viche83

As soon as you play higher rated ones they will stick to opening principles. And that is all it is about.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #6

ChristianSoldier007

@retta Sure I'll accept any challenges, as long as they are unrated

@VivaChe yeah thats why live doesn't work out too well, not many strong players will play live against a 1300 :P well 1200 on live

• 3 years ago · Quote · #7

viche83

In my Tournament Queens Gambit are several strong players, so that schould work.

http://www.chess.com/tournament/queens-gambit24

• 3 years ago · Quote · #8

ChristianSoldier007

thanks Viva but I'm trying to cut back on the amount of rated games

• 3 years ago · Quote · #9

ChristianSoldier007

hm maybe I should have checked! lol. I am going to try to get my rating up, but the thing is I play casually, and a lot of games at once. So I'm trying to get my practice unrated, and cut back on rated games, so when I have only one or two rated games, I can focus better

• 3 years ago · Quote · #10

rettadrennen

Ok as soon as he can , he will .

• 3 years ago · Quote · #11

ChristianSoldier007

thanks retta

• 3 years ago · Quote · #12

viche83

Isn't every game a practice? Getting a rating up is great and all, but even if I try new things I like to keep it rated just for my fun. But your choice :)

• 3 years ago · Quote · #13

adamplenty

I need all the practice I can get if I'm to improve my chess. My opening knowledge is somewhat lacking currently. So I also need to practise and vary my openings, as I usually stick to the same 2-3 and get similar results each time.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #14

ChristianSoldier007

my opening knowledge is good, but i dont have enough experience, so I get dropped off in the middlegame with no idea of what to do :P

• 3 years ago · Quote · #15

adamplenty

Same here, except my opening knowledge probably isn't as good.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #16

VULPES_VULPES

ChristianSoldier007 wrote:

Hello! I am trying to practice various openings, so I can get familiar with the positions that arise and develop my rep. I cannot do this just by going into live chess, because most players there dont have good opening knowledge. If anyone is interested in playing some unrated online games against me challenge me! I'm particulary interested in the Queen's Gambit and Ruy Lopez. Thanks!

Sure, I'll train with you. Who'll send the challenge?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #17

Scottrf

If a novice is any good for you, I know the basics of the Ruy I think.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #18

lollolbuddha

ok christian soldier

• 3 years ago · Quote · #19

Adambriel

Would you like to verse me ChristianSoldier? We are around the same ranking and I have also been wanting to practice some openings lately (specifically the nimzo-indian).

• 3 years ago · Quote · #20

Vivinski

Do you want to play QG as white or as black?, I'm up for an unrated game of QB

Post your reply: