Forums

"vacation time" abuse

Sort:
turkishlion

Hi there! 

I just wonder why chess.com would allow someone to stall his online game for 9 (nine) months -to only its 28th move, give him additional vacation time, meanwhile this player plays 133 live games only yesterday while he was on vacation. 

Thanks!

TheBigDecline

It's not abuse if he paid for all this extra vacation time.

turkishlion
TheBigDecline wrote:

It's not abuse if he paid for all this extra vacation time.

I don't think you can buy additional vacation time.

Conquistador

I don't understand the issue since nine months is a blitz game.  I have had games on here that continued for three years.

Dale

This appears to be a mixture of bad news and good news.

On the one hand ...turkishlion is doing a lot of waiting. This doesn`t

appear to be good news.

On the other hand turkishlion will have learned something...to from this day forward only sign up for no vacation tournaments.

BayBak

NM-Dale, I don`t think that vocation is for this sit..

turkishlion, maybe he(she) likes to play Live, so plays Online slowly ;)

turkishlion
Conquistador wrote:

I don't understand the issue since nine months is a blitz game.  I have had games on here that continued for three years.

Vacation time here on chess.com is the time that you really need for your real life so you can get some rest and don't think about chess for a while.  In that sense it is illogical to play blitz games and do not play your regular games.. this doesn't make sense. I know there are many people who hate these type of players but this is not their falt this is the flaw in the system. Chess.com should do something about these situations. 

If it was just a couple of months, I understand but 9 months and he keeps getting additional vacation times so this is a psychological game now not chess. Maybe I should stop playing online games. 

turkishlion
NM-Dale wrote:

This appears to be a mixture of bad news and good news.

On the one hand ...turkishlion is doing a lot of waiting. This doesn`t

appear to be good news.

On the other hand turkishlion will have learned something...to from this day forward only sign up for no vacation tournaments.

Dale, it was not a tournament game, it was a team match. Actually this was another reason why I already stopped entering new tournaments long time ago. This is simple nonesense. I wonder why chess.com is not doing anything because I know that there are many people who complain about this vacation time abuse. They just need to come up a couple of simple rules, that's all.

Mr_Spocky

well thats to bad

homozzapien

Wait, I know which match turkishlion is talking about...nearly 10 month passed... Cem usta, have you sent in ticket to support?

homozzapien

''After a couple of complaints to chess.com they accepted that there could be addition of vacation time to this user's account.'' Really? Yell

turkishlion
homozzapien wrote:

''After a couple of complaints to chess.com they accepted that there could be addition of vacation time to this user's account.'' Really? 

Yes unfortunately, when I ask them if there is a way to buy vacation time they told me that there is no way. Then I said this is wrong, this user probably hacked the system or something and I send my calculations to them, then they said additional time could have been applied to his account. I assume he has some friends on chess.com that's how he is getting additional time. Chess.com "help&support" sometimes drives me crazy :)