Forums

544 games and still unrated?

Sort:
PrawnEatsPrawn

I was playing littlehotpot, when in the middle of the game, his rating changed from 900ish to unrated. How does a player with 544 rated games become unrated?

http://www.chess.com/echess/profile/littlehotpot

Is this a bug or intentional? If intentional, what is the rationale for this nonsense?

PrawnEatsPrawn

So the guy finishes a rated game every two and a half days for four years and he's unrated? give me strength.

mrguy888

It has been explained in other threads that it is some sort of bug that will correct itself when the bugged player finishes their next rated game.

PrawnEatsPrawn
mrguy888 wrote:

It has been explained in other threads that it is some sort of bug that will correct itself when the bugged player finishes their next rated game.

I did read some of the other threads but your explanation is more concise (to me, anyway). Thanks.

kohai
PrawnEatsPrawn wrote:

I was playing littlehotpot, when in the middle of the game, his rating changed from 900ish to unrated. How does a player with 544 rated games become unrated?

http://www.chess.com/echess/profile/littlehotpot

Is this a bug or intentional? If intentional, what is the rationale for this nonsense?

Total:     544
Won:     150 (28%)
Lost:     374 (69%)
Drawn:     20 (4%)
Unrated:     749

With the ratings issue, there were a few cases when a member was set as unrated even though they had played rated games. This happened to you because you've played more unrated than rated games. littlehotpots rating will get back to normal after the next rated game finishes.

PrawnEatsPrawn

Cheers.

Kernicterus

As an aside, littlehotpot has always been one of my favorite names around this site.

PrawnEatsPrawn
AfafBouardi wrote:

As an aside, littlehotpot has always been one of my favorite names around this site.

My favourite saboteur! isn't it about time for a new avatar? Smile

Kernicterus

I think you're right.  Or I'll just blacken my face like your little prawn. 

goldendog

Aha, the rare Afaf.

Kernicterus

goldengod!  do you realize all 3 of us have animals for avatars? 

PrawnEatsPrawn

My eyes cannot make sense of your avatar.... what does it show?

kohai

lol putting lipstick on a pig i think

PrawnEatsPrawn
kohai wrote:

lol putting lipstick on a pig i think

Haha! you are correct, I can see it now. Laughing

Kernicterus

oink

Joseph-S
AfafBouardi wrote:

oink

I was beginning to think you were never coming back.     Smile