Forums

Android App login problems via Facebook on Nexus

Sort:
g4km4n

Hi,

I'm trying to log in with the Android chess.com app. The phone is a Galaxy Nexus.

I logged in successfully through Facebook, but the App just returned me back to the login page. The difference between before and after logging in through Facebook is that the Facebook login button now says "Logout".

This is quite dissapointing as it used to work just fine on my previous Android phone.

Here is a screenshot after logging in:

Martin_Stahl

I wonder if the app is validated for ICS 4.0? The Nexus hasn't been released here yet so I still have a while before I can test with that OS version (on a Nexus S).

g4km4n
Martin_Stahl wrote:

I wonder if the app is validated for ICS 4.0? The Nexus hasn't been released here yet so I still have a while before I can test with that OS version (on a Nexus S).

Not sure. I would expect that the developers would have tested it on the ICS SDK Emulator, which has been available for some time now.

Martin_Stahl

I don't know, you might join the Android group and ask over there. It is possible that they haven't tested yet since the Nexus Prime is the first device with that OS.

Hopefully it won't be long before more devices support it; I actually hope the tablet I'm gettting for Christmas will be updating soon Laughing

g4km4n

I've just emailed the developers at mobile@chess.com. I'm hoping there will be a quick turn around.

kohai

Looking into it for you

g4km4n
kohai wrote:

Looking into it for you

Thanks for the reply, kohai. When do you think a release will be ready that supports ICS?

kohai

Ahh the Galaxy Nexus .. I spoke with the developer on this one.

As its a new Android OS 4.  the developer has to test the app to make sure it is compatible, and if it isn't, to then try to make the app compatible.

The app wasn't really created for the OS 4 so at present is experiencing some issues.  He is working on it though.

g4km4n
kohai wrote:

The app wasn't really created for the OS 4 so at present is experiencing some issues.  He is working on it though.

Alright, thanks for the heads up. I know too well how it is when dealing with older source code with newer APIs!

g4km4n

Has this been looked at yet? There has been a few updates but nothing that fixes this problem.

AlbrechtKarlusch

Same problem here. Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. Facebook Login as described doesn't work. Annoying :(

NicolasDev

Same problem here on a galaxy S with ICS :/

iamdave220

Same here.

mikenav

I'm having the same issue on my Nexus :(