Forums

barryweston...flagged for contravening rules.

Sort:
barryweston

Can somebody please help...i am continually being notified that i am either aborting games or suspended for contravening the rules of fair play. I play because i love the game...win or loose...and i am greatly p***ed-off at a server telling me i am cheating. I have never once aborted a game and have always conducted my games in the spirit. Am I unwittingly doing something wrong my end. can someone please help!!! barryweston

dmxn2k

Just try to make sure that you start games when you have the time to finish. The system is probably marking you for abandoning too many games. Make sure you have enough time to finish your games in good order, and you shouldn't receive any messages about fair play.

Don't get mad, just take control of the situation. Good luck playing, and have fun.

barryweston

thanks dmxn...problem is i have never abandoned a game...not once. but thanks for the thought. good luck.

jazz251

I have lost the connection during games and have lost the same way. I have never been given a warning, however abandoned game was given as the reason. Wish the server could detect the difference!

Seraphimity

I've had the same problem and even been flagged for abadoning games when it was my opponent not me.  Then when I contacted Staff via a submit ticket they said I had never been flagged and that I was far from it.  Today I noticed alot of complaints about this and some other script errors.. Like the box that enlarges when you hold your pointer over it was in a different language in places .  It is frustrating when its the other person and you get the blame and annoying pop up and you are already annoyed at time wasting game abandoning children...

barryweston

i have tried unsuccessfully to contact someone...anyone at chess.com but continually get referred back to FAQ...frustrating? you bet...does anyone out there have a contact address, or am i simply left to be told...computer says NO! ???

Seraphimity
barryweston wrote:

i have tried unsuccessfully to contact someone...anyone at chess.com but continually get referred back to FAQ...frustrating? you bet...does anyone out there have a contact address, or am i simply left to be told...computer says NO! ???

It should clear up in a just about 48 hours or if you feel very strongly you can contact them here;

http://support.chess.com/Tickets/Submit

there is also a Forum Catagory for Help and Support;

http://www.chess.com/forum/category/help-support

hope that helps and gl, in any case you should be back to normal shortly

NimzoRoy

Try describing your OS, browser, ISP and device you're using (PC, MAC, tablet etc) for starters if you actually expect to get any custom-tailored help from total strangers

Read this blog and start doing whatever it recommends if you aren't doing so already (ie clearing your cache routinely, updating your browser and OS etc) Try using a different browser if the problem persists - chess.com recommends FF or Chrome.

http://www.chess.com/blog/NimzoRoy/diagnosing-and-fixing-internet-problems?_domain=old_blog_host&_parent=old_frontend_blog_view

barryweston

big thanks to all who have assisted.

dmxn2k

So it was a connection problem? Did using Firefox/Chrome or emptying your cache help? (I know it's only been a couple hours, but if it does help I'm interested in seeing.