Forums

board won't show in email chess

Sort:
ZePaula

I'm having the same problem since yesterday !

With the newest firefox and IE 6.0 !
JavaScript is enabled !
I didnt change the settings !

The board is there - but i cant see the pieces !

(I'm using my mobile and t-mobile)

Stefan64

If this is not sorted out quickly and completely i definetely lose interest in this site. I need an official solution by the admins. I use Mozilla 3.0.10.

Ctrl F5 works but only for each move.

KingLeopold
erik wrote:

If you are having problems using the site, please run this test (http://www.cyscape.com/showbrow.aspx) and then answer these questions:

1) what browser/version are you using? Full IE 7.0

2) SessionCookies? = true or false  TRUE

3) JavaScriptEnabled? = true or false  TRUE

4) Firewall? = true or false  FALSE

5) Width/height = (numbers)   1440 X 900

6) Broadband? = true or false   TRUE

7) Platform (OS) = (win, mac, etc)  Windows VISTA

That would REALLY help! :)

Problems just started to night. Board loads without pieces yet when I am in my online chess page, I can mouse over the games and the small window opens with no problems and I can see the positions.

Leopold

KingLeopold

Ctrl + R did not work but Ctrl + F5 did.

bss10506

What is email chess??????????

Ilseeleanor

I have the same problem.......but only when I play against Pat.  She cannot see when I have moved !  The result is she looses every game out of time.  What can be done about that ?  ilseeleanor @gmail.com

Ilseeleanor
piemonkeydude wrote:

I had to resign every game in email chess because of this, does anyone have this problem as well?

ShiViChess

I'm using IE 8.0 without compatibility view

AT&T u-verse

the board and pieces all show up correctly but half the time the page doesn't recgonize that i've moved!

what should i do?

Ilseeleanor
ShiViChess wrote:

I'm using IE 8.0 without compatibility view

AT&T u-verse

the board and pieces all show up correctly but half the time the page doesn't recgonize that i've moved!

what should i do?

Ilseeleanor
Ilseeleanor wrote:
piemonkeydude wrote:

I had to resign every game in email chess because of this, does anyone have this problem as well?

raghu_hoipl

Hi, I have time out % around 17. Due to which, being a gold member I am unable to enter into tournaments (due to time out restrictions). Time outs happened very long back due to some personal reasons. After which I dont have any time outs. Is it possible to reset the time out percentage, so that I can participate in tournaments

Raghu

prashanth21
raghu_hoipl wrote:

Hi, I have time out % around 17. Due to which, being a gold member I am unable to enter into tournaments (due to time out restrictions). Time outs happened very long back due to some personal reasons. After which I dont have any time outs. Is it possible to reset the time out percentage, so that I can participate in tournaments

Raghu

Raghu there are some tournaments which have timeouts ratio around 20%,i too facing the same problem search for these tournaments you will find it.

raghu_hoipl

Thanks prashanth

Raghu

pdmura

Well, the pieces are not drawing when I call up an on-going game and when I select Analyze.  I tried all the remedies I saw in this forum:  Ctrl-R, Ctrl-F5, Deleteing all cached data and history, and uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox.  Note the problem is in both IE7 and Firefox 3.5.2.

Does anyone have any other ideas for getting the pieces to draw? Yell

pdmura
pdmura wrote:

Well, the pieces are not drawing when I call up an on-going game and when I select Analyze.  I tried all the remedies I saw in this forum:  Ctrl-R, Ctrl-F5, Deleteing all cached data and history, and uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox.  Note the problem is in both IE7 and Firefox 3.5.2.

Does anyone have any other ideas for getting the pieces to draw?

I also made sure thatthis file is not write-protected:  C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts.

Results of running the Cytest software is the following

Browser  Firefox
Fullversion  3.5.2
ServicePack  Not detectable with this browser
BrowserBuild  Not detectable with this browser
Gecko  True
GeckoBuildDate  20090729
Version  3.5
Majorver  3
Minorver  0.5
ContainerBrowser 
ContainerVersion  0
ContainerFullversion 
Crawler  False
pdmura

More data.  Error codes are being recorded by Firefox when I try to view a game:

Error: XML tag name mismatch (expected meta)
Source File: http://cdn-cssjs.chesscomfiles.com/js/chess2/bundled/ChessViewer.v118.js
Line: 6, Column: 2
Source Code:
</head>

and

Error: SquareDetector is not defined
Source File: http://www.chess.com/echess/game.html?id=24987242
Line: 359

shadowc

Please, try to load the following URL into the browser directly and capture a screenshot of what you see. That would help us.

http://cdn-cssjs.chesscomfiles.com/js/chess2/bundled/ChessViewer.v118.js

it seems that a lot of you people are blocking this file. We still don't know the reason, but we're working on it.

Lord-Chaos

note that i have NO problems with viewing pieces and the board and apparently there is a problem with opening your link shadowc. i didn't save it, just pressed run. i use windows xp, and internet explorer. So this may not be the direct problem or not all of it.

shadowc

Hmm... may be you need to open that link with Firefox, Ie might try to execute it, that's true..

shadowc

Yes, I confirmed, it won't help much opening it with IE.