Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

board won't show in email chess


  • 6 years ago · Quote · #61

    ZePaula

    I'm having the same problem since yesterday !

    With the newest firefox and IE 6.0 !
    JavaScript is enabled !
    I didnt change the settings !

    The board is there - but i cant see the pieces !

    (I'm using my mobile and t-mobile)

  • 6 years ago · Quote · #62

    Stefan64

    If this is not sorted out quickly and completely i definetely lose interest in this site. I need an official solution by the admins. I use Mozilla 3.0.10.

    Ctrl F5 works but only for each move.

  • 6 years ago · Quote · #63

    KingLeopold

    erik wrote:

    If you are having problems using the site, please run this test (http://www.cyscape.com/showbrow.aspx) and then answer these questions:

    1) what browser/version are you using? Full IE 7.0

    2) SessionCookies? = true or false  TRUE

    3) JavaScriptEnabled? = true or false  TRUE

    4) Firewall? = true or false  FALSE

    5) Width/height = (numbers)   1440 X 900

    6) Broadband? = true or false   TRUE

    7) Platform (OS) = (win, mac, etc)  Windows VISTA

    That would REALLY help! :)


     Problems just started to night. Board loads without pieces yet when I am in my online chess page, I can mouse over the games and the small window opens with no problems and I can see the positions.

     

    Leopold

  • 6 years ago · Quote · #64

    KingLeopold

    Ctrl + R did not work but Ctrl + F5 did.

  • 6 years ago · Quote · #65

    bss10506

    What is email chess??????????

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #66

    Ilseeleanor

    I have the same problem.......but only when I play against Pat.  She cannot see when I have moved !  The result is she looses every game out of time.  What can be done about that ?  ilseeleanor @gmail.com

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #67

    Ilseeleanor

    piemonkeydude wrote:

    I had to resign every game in email chess because of this, does anyone have this problem as well?


  • 5 years ago · Quote · #68

    ShiViChess

    I'm using IE 8.0 without compatibility view

    AT&T u-verse

    the board and pieces all show up correctly but half the time the page doesn't recgonize that i've moved!

    what should i do?

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #69

    Ilseeleanor

    ShiViChess wrote:

    I'm using IE 8.0 without compatibility view

    AT&T u-verse

    the board and pieces all show up correctly but half the time the page doesn't recgonize that i've moved!

    what should i do?


  • 5 years ago · Quote · #70

    Ilseeleanor

    Ilseeleanor wrote:
    piemonkeydude wrote:

    I had to resign every game in email chess because of this, does anyone have this problem as well?



  • 5 years ago · Quote · #71

    raghu_hoipl

    Hi, I have time out % around 17. Due to which, being a gold member I am unable to enter into tournaments (due to time out restrictions). Time outs happened very long back due to some personal reasons. After which I dont have any time outs. Is it possible to reset the time out percentage, so that I can participate in tournaments

    Raghu

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #72

    prashanth21

    raghu_hoipl wrote:

    Hi, I have time out % around 17. Due to which, being a gold member I am unable to enter into tournaments (due to time out restrictions). Time outs happened very long back due to some personal reasons. After which I dont have any time outs. Is it possible to reset the time out percentage, so that I can participate in tournaments

    Raghu


     Raghu there are some tournaments which have timeouts ratio around 20%,i too facing the same problem search for these tournaments you will find it.

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #73

    raghu_hoipl

    Thanks prashanth

    Raghu

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #74

    pdmura

    Well, the pieces are not drawing when I call up an on-going game and when I select Analyze.  I tried all the remedies I saw in this forum:  Ctrl-R, Ctrl-F5, Deleteing all cached data and history, and uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox.  Note the problem is in both IE7 and Firefox 3.5.2.

    Does anyone have any other ideas for getting the pieces to draw? Yell

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #75

    pdmura

    pdmura wrote:

    Well, the pieces are not drawing when I call up an on-going game and when I select Analyze.  I tried all the remedies I saw in this forum:  Ctrl-R, Ctrl-F5, Deleteing all cached data and history, and uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox.  Note the problem is in both IE7 and Firefox 3.5.2.

    Does anyone have any other ideas for getting the pieces to draw?


    I also made sure thatthis file is not write-protected:  C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts.

    Results of running the Cytest software is the following

    Browser  Firefox
    Fullversion  3.5.2
    ServicePack  Not detectable with this browser
    BrowserBuild  Not detectable with this browser
    Gecko  True
    GeckoBuildDate  20090729
    Version  3.5
    Majorver  3
    Minorver  0.5
    ContainerBrowser 
    ContainerVersion  0
    ContainerFullversion 
    Crawler  False
  • 5 years ago · Quote · #76

    pdmura

    More data.  Error codes are being recorded by Firefox when I try to view a game:

    Error: XML tag name mismatch (expected meta)
    Source File: http://cdn-cssjs.chesscomfiles.com/js/chess2/bundled/ChessViewer.v118.js
    Line: 6, Column: 2
    Source Code:
    </head>

    and

    Error: SquareDetector is not defined
    Source File: http://www.chess.com/echess/game.html?id=24987242
    Line: 359

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #77

    shadowc

    Please, try to load the following URL into the browser directly and capture a screenshot of what you see. That would help us.

    http://cdn-cssjs.chesscomfiles.com/js/chess2/bundled/ChessViewer.v118.js

    it seems that a lot of you people are blocking this file. We still don't know the reason, but we're working on it.

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #78

    Lord-Chaos

    note that i have NO problems with viewing pieces and the board and apparently there is a problem with opening your link shadowc. i didn't save it, just pressed run. i use windows xp, and internet explorer. So this may not be the direct problem or not all of it.

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #79

    shadowc

    Hmm... may be you need to open that link with Firefox, Ie might try to execute it, that's true..

  • 5 years ago · Quote · #80

    shadowc

    Yes, I confirmed, it won't help much opening it with IE.


Back to Top

Post your reply: