Forums

can IMs have a free account?

Sort:
perretgentil
[COMMENT DELETED]
rbhatnag1

Is your son actually an IM?

piphilologist

All titled players get a free premium account, click here.

http://www.chess.com/members/submit_title_proof

1RedKnight99

Yup, free diamond account.

ozzie_c_cobblepot

As long as he's old enough. Otherwise, it would be ChessKid.com, if I recall correctly.

piphilologist
ozzie_c_cobblepot wrote:

As long as he's old enough. Otherwise, it would be ChessKid.com, if I recall correctly.

I believe that anyone can be a member of chess.com, but under-13s should have a parent monitoring the account.

But I really doubt that he is under 13 if he is an International Master.

piphilologist
Shadowknight911 wrote:

I know of at least 3 titled players on here with free accounts who are under 13.

Sam Sevian is the only IM under 13 I believe.  And he's not from Venezuela.

And he's not an IM yet, he is an IM conditional on getting a 2400+ rating, and his highest rating is 2392.35

The youngest IM is Wei Yi from China, who is at least 13.

Abhishek2
piphilologist wrote:
Shadowknight911 wrote:

I know of at least 3 titled players on here with free accounts who are under 13.

Sam Sevian is the only IM under 13 I believe.  And he's not from Venezuela.

And he's not an IM yet, he is an IM conditional on getting a 2400+ rating, and his highest rating is 2392.35

The youngest IM is Wei Yi from China, who is at least 13.

That's true, he isn't an IM, people just say he is.

perretgentil
[COMMENT DELETED]
perretgentil
[COMMENT DELETED]
Scottrf

I really hope Sevian sticks to chess.

Doggy_Style
perretgentil wrote:

Hello i have a little problem. I give the information to submit my sons title but with this account. And i dont want to have the IM title here. We want it on another account. How can i solve this little problem?

Your son should open his own account and then, submit his own details.

SmyslovFan

FYI, there are ways to get an IM title that have nothing to do with a base rating. For instance, the winner of the South American U-20 title automatically gets an IM title regardless of rating.

ozzie_c_cobblepot
SmyslovFan wrote:

FYI, there are ways to get an IM title that have nothing to do with a base rating. For instance, the winner of the South American U-20 title automatically gets an IM title regardless of rating.

Yeah, in some local tournament here there was an 1800-rated FM. It looked strange on the pairing sheets, I must say.

GasconJR

Hello i am perretgentil´s son :) this is my really account how can i tell to an admin that the IM title is here and not on my dads account?

Doggy_Style

@ JRgascon

Use this link:

http://www.chess.com/members/submit_title_proof

GasconJR

yeah i already do that but first with my dads account :/ thats the problem i have...

ozzie_c_cobblepot

Contact staff directly about this, should be just a misunderstanding.

Doggy_Style
JRgascon wrote:

yeah i already do that but first with my dads account :/ thats the problem i have...

It defies logic that you would use another person's account.

Anyway, contact staff directly.... include all details:

http://support.chess.com/Tickets/Submit