Forums

cdn.optimizely.com is ruining this site!

Sort:
baddogno

Why do I have to wait between tactics trainer problems for this goofy site to allow me to continue?  Oh sometimes it's only a few seconds, but more often it's around a minute.  I'm a diamond member and will have to seriously reconsider my membership status if something isn't done.  Yes, I'm running Chrome, and yes my browser cache is clear, and yes I have a decent (DSL) internet connection.

Scottrf

Doesn't sound like a chess.com problem, I've never seen this.

baddogno

Oh it's a chess.com problem alright.  Search the forums for "I hate you" and you'll come up with another thread on cdn.optimizely.com.  Now if I can just figure out how this adblocker thingamajig works....

rooperi

Yeah, it's terrible on a slow connection.

But adblock does work, have you downloaded yet?

JG27Pyth

Certain times of the day cdn.optimizely seems to be dragging my chess.com experience down to the bottom of the cold Molasses Sea. 

baddogno

Thankyou adblocker plus!  Problem solved.  May you never diminish my chess.com experience again you foul and putrid site!

rooperi
baddogno wrote:

Thankyou adblocker plus!  Problem solved.  May you never diminish my chess.com experience again you foul and putrid site!

Whle you're at it, block all the facebook, twitter an google analytics stuff too :)

JG27Pyth

Now you tell me. I just installed adblock and paypalled the guy 5 bux!

baddogno

Thanks for the kind advice rooperi.  The other nonsense seems to flash by so quickly that I hardly notice it, but that optimizely site would just freeze everything.   And thank you IM pfren for your advice as well; that's a little beyond my nearly nonexistent computer skills. 

rooperi

lol, the IM would have been happy with $2

srimech

I just have to live with the ads as I'm just here to play :)

PawnPromoter316

Oddly enough, ads are never a problem when playing on an iPhone, but staring at a 2-inch by 3-inch chessboard is ruining my eyes