Forums

Live chess

Sort:
Samanderson

My last 3 games all ended with my loosing opponents refusing to move meaning that I either accept a draw offered or have to wait 20 minutes to start again.

qandlar

Block the player so you do not have to meet him again. Unfortunately I ve forgotten how to do that.

Doggy_Style
qandlar wrote:

Block the player so you do not have to meet him again. Unfortunately I ve forgotten how to do that.

Home>>Account>>Privacy

tartanbob
[COMMENT DELETED]
waffllemaster

2 minute time limit?  That's ridiculous.  If I was forfeited for not moving for 2 minutes I'd never play another non-blitz game here again.  (Not that I play standard, just saying).

theunsjb
tartanbob wrote:

They said there is a 2minute time limit put on to your opponent after he/she has made there last move...

This makes no sense at all (perhaps I am misunderstanding).  If I think for 10 minutes on a move, then so be it.  There is no way Chess.com would put a "limit" on thinking time per move.  That is most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of.

Thraundil

Theres not much to do about this. It is their right to draw the game out for the entire time limit. It is poor sportsmanship (I assume they do this in a clearly losing position for them). What I sometimes do is to simply start a new game, and IF they do make a move (usually this wont happen), come back and win the game. 

Dragonbice
theunsjb wrote:
tartanbob wrote:

They said there is a 2minute time limit put on to your opponent after he/she has made there last move...

This makes no sense at all (perhaps I am misunderstanding).  If I think for 10 minutes on a move, then so be it.  There is no way Chess.com would put a "limit" on thinking time per move.  That is most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of.

There is such a limit in blitz, which must be what tartanbob is referring to. Of course, in standard time control, a 2 minute limit would be ridiculous.

NimzoRoy
theunsjb wrote:
tartanbob wrote:

They said there is a 2minute time limit put on to your opponent after he/she has made there last move...This makes no sense at all (perhaps I am misunderstanding).  If I think for 10 minutes on a move, then so be it.  There is no way Chess.com would put a "limit" on thinking time per move.  That is most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of.

BAD NEWS DEPT: They have put a "limit" on thinking in certain fast TLs I don't play much live chess so I forget the particulars but I've seen this sort of discussion many times before. You can look up the policy under Help & Support at the bottom of the page (maybe) or contact the staff directly to find out the exact policy here.

billyblatt
Doggy_Style wrote:
qandlar wrote:

Home>>Account>>Privacy

Don't block people. It is frowned upon. 

billyblatt

There is a time limit in bullet games. If you sit for 30 seconds the game gets aborted and your opponent gets threatened with a fair play policy. 

NimzoRoy
billyblatt wrote:
Doggy_Style wrote:
qandlar wrote:

Home>>Account>>Privacy 

Don't block people. It is frowned upon. 

You don't know what you're talking about. It isn't "frowned upon" and it's offered here as an option to cut down on complaints about other players - and to permit members to block up to 200 people (I think) who annoy them for whatever reason(s).

http://support.chess.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/38/0/how-can-i-block-another-user

theunsjb
NimzoRoy wrote:
theunsjb wrote:
tartanbob wrote:

They said there is a 2minute time limit put on to your opponent after he/she has made there last move...This makes no sense at all (perhaps I am misunderstanding).  If I think for 10 minutes on a move, then so be it.  There is no way Chess.com would put a "limit" on thinking time per move.  That is most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of.

BAD NEWS DEPT: They have put a "limit" on thinking in certain fast TLs I don't play much live chess so I forget the particulars but I've seen this sort of discussion many times before. You can look up the policy under Help & Support at the bottom of the page (maybe) or contact the staff directly to find out the exact policy here.

Surprised  Gosh, I had no idea...  But I guess it would make sense to some playing Blitz or Bullet.  Still don't agree with it though... Undecided

RazorBG

tell me how to add a friend to a live game application on android? while it is in the online game